Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: war eagle 2372

Post Thanks / Like

Default war eagle 2372

Is a war eagle 2372 to large to crappie fish out of ? I have found a great deal on 2002 that is in perfect shape. I will be crappie & catfishing mostly but I will also be taking to the coast for a week or two a year. Thanks camohull

Post Thanks / Like

Around here it would be like a barge/windsock combo.
    Last edited by slimeyslab; 04-07-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a great choice. I would love to have that kind of room. All kinds of options. Friends, kids, junk, lawn chairs. Go for it. Just get enough motor to be fun.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I had the 2072 and I liked it. And if my back could have handled the ride. Would still have it. It worked great as long as your fishing open waters. And even with a 140 Suzuki 4-stroke on the back. I could pull it through 1ft or less of water with the trolling motor.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's not too large. Depending on how you fish, it might make it challenging to control the boat, but with any boat it's a trade off. Heck, I've got a buddy that fishs with 1 pole that is 10ft long out of a Stratos 295 with a 225 motor. That's 20' and about a 91" beam. He kicks my tale regularly out of that boat. Well, continually might be a better word. In my mind, that boat is too heavy, too large, too deep and too much, but he seems to have no problems. I've got one similar, but I can't catch a fish with it hardly, so I opt for a 15' War Eagle.

Besides, if you're going coastal, a larger boat is the way to go. I guess the real determining factor is how tight your timber is and can you get it where you want to go when your inland.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, one other thing, the Trolling Motor. Again, depending on how you fish, the TM is gonna make a huge difference. You'll want to make sure it has plenty the grunt to pull that barge around. I'm thinking a minimum of 80# and preferably 100#. I would absolutely have to have a variable speed. I'm sure in light winds you'd be OK with as little as 60#, but if the winds get up, you'd regret going that light. Plus it's gonna take a bunch of umph to move at a good clip on high speed.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

He kick my tale regularly as well....:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    No, it's not too large. Depending on how you fish, it might make it challenging to control the boat, but with any boat it's a trade off. Heck, I've got a buddy that fishs with 1 pole that is 10ft long out of a Stratos 295 with a 225 motor. That's 20' and about a 91" beam. He kicks my tale regularly out of that boat. Well, continually might be a better word. In my mind, that boat is too heavy, too large, too deep and too much, but he seems to have no problems. I've got one similar, but I can't catch a fish with it hardly, so I opt for a 15' War Eagle.

Besides, if you're going coastal, a larger boat is the way to go. I guess the real determining factor is how tight your timber is and can you get it where you want to go when your inland.

Wannabe...

Post Thanks / Like

Not if you fish farm pond. Then it maybe over kill. I may think about putting a hand controlled Trolling motor on the rear but I am thinking about that with my 17 foot boat.
    Penty of room to fish two out the bow and two from the rear and place the beer colders between.

Quote Originally Posted by camohull View Post
    Is a war eagle 2372 to large to crappie fish out of ? I have found a great deal on 2002 that is in perfect shape. I will be crappie & catfishing mostly but I will also be taking to the coast for a week or two a year. Thanks camohull
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

No such thing as too much boat...

only not enough motor :D

at least around here.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

How many years will a war eagle last if is taken care of ? Is a war eagle condsidered one of the top of the line alum. boats ? Thanks Camohull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast