Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no super glue

Post Thanks / Like

Default no super glue

I used to super glue my tubes/grubs to the jighead.....but no more. A lighter will soften the plastic up and it melts to the jighead. No more waiting for the glue to dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna try it this week, thanks for the tip. This is definitely one of my pet peeves. Can not stand it when a plastic keeps pulling away from the head.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good idea, i`ll try it this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

So you are saying that it takes less time to light a lighter and wait for the tube to melt than for superglue to dry? I'm not doubting you...I'm just wondering.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink When I "DID" use SuperGlue ....

I was using hollow body tubes. A dab/drop between the jighead & tube ... and by the time I got the SuperGlue back into the tacklebox and made my next cast -- glue was dry. (even made casts with it, before it dried, and still worked fine ... even caught fish on some of those casts :p )

BUT ... since starting to use solid body tubes, I haven't found the need to use SuperGlue, as the plastic body doesn't slip down, and the Bluegill don't pull it down (like they used to do the hollow bodies).

I don't think I'd use heat on a hollow bodied tube. I just know I'd melt it too much (and ruin it) ... or melt it right onto me or the boat carpet :o (and it ain't my boat).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Heat the hook not the tube

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I was using hollow body tubes. A dab/drop between the jighead & tube ... and by the time I got the SuperGlue back into the tacklebox and made my next cast -- glue was dry. (even made casts with it, before it dried, and still worked fine ... even caught fish on some of those casts :p )

BUT ... since starting to use solid body tubes, I haven't found the need to use SuperGlue, as the plastic body doesn't slip down, and the Bluegill don't pull it down (like they used to do the hollow bodies).

I don't think I'd use heat on a hollow bodied tube. I just know I'd melt it too much (and ruin it) ... or melt it right onto me or the boat carpet :o (and it ain't my boat).

... cp
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Yeah, but ....

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHead View Post
    Heat the hook not the tube
    how's that going to hold a hollow tube onto a jighead

I can see that working pretty good with a solid body tube, but I took it that NightProwler was talking about melting the head of the tube to the lead of the jig ... which would work OK with a solid body tube, but might be a little dicey with a hollow tube. (sorry, he didn't mention which type tube he was using ... and I was just interjecting my own problems) Heck ... everytime I'm fishing, it's windy, and I have enough trouble trying to light my cig :p I can just imagine the burns and melted tube stains I'd get, trying to melt a 1.5" tube onto a 1/16oz jighead :D ( I had some problems with SuperGlue, and it comes with a spout :p ... don't have the steadiest hands in the East :D )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I'm game to give it a try. Next time out, I'll bring my Zippo with me.

Thanks for the tip... I think. If I run into the sorts of problems CP is worried about I'll "un-thank" you :D

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Joejv4 ...

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    I'm game to give it a try. Next time out, I'll bring my Zippo with me.
    Thanks for the tip... I think. If I run into the sorts of problems CP is worried about I'll "un-thank" you :D
    If it becomes necessary to "un-thank" (aka "cuss out") anyone, please do me a favor ... do it in a PM, and not on the board :p

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    If it becomes necessary to "un-thank" (aka "cuss out") anyone, please do me a favor ... do it in a PM, and not on the board :p

... cp
    Nah... not gonna do any cussing-out. If anything I'd just mention that I burned myself, or melted plastic all over myself or something like that maybe with a no-thanks for the tip :D

Hopefully, though, it'll work like a charm and I'll be telling all my buddies about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast