Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Surf fishing question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Surf fishing question

This is obviously not a crappie fishing question, but it is a fishing question. I'm heading down to Orange beach friday for a little R&R. We always do some surf fishing while we're down that way...usually pompano, whiting, redfish, or whatever happens to be in the area at the time we're down. Can anyone tell me what's biting from the beach right now? How bad did the Hurricanes mess things up (beach\fishing)? I sure appreciate any information.
    Thanks in advance,
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GREENFISH
    This is obviously not a crappie fishing question, but it is a fishing question. I'm heading down to Orange beach friday for a little R&R. We always do some surf fishing while we're down that way...usually pompano, whiting, redfish, or whatever happens to be in the area at the time we're down. Can anyone tell me what's biting from the beach right now? How bad did the Hurricanes mess things up (beach\fishing)? I sure appreciate any information.
    Thanks in advance,
    Greenfish
    The Hurricane changed alot of things. The pier owned by the state is closed. They have been catching whiting and pompane regularly. A few reds are coming from the bridge at Alabama point. Snapper seasons opens next Thursday the 21st. It would be a good time to book a charter. Should be alot of big snapper caught early. The cobia are starting to show up too.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Get your lines wet

aren't those cobia good on the grill.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Blade. We're actually leaving to come home on the 21st so we won't get to do the snapper thing, but it sounds like it would be a ton of fun. I had thought about getting a guide to do a little speckled trout fishing. Has all of the rain messed that type of fishing up?
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, the fresh water is causing havoc on all fish. The lower river system is still above flood stage. Pull up Mobile press register and check out todays outdoor section for the latest fishing reports. Mike Lane's Alabama rod and reel also has some good reports for the area. As for as the cobia it's good no matter how you fix it. The specks was biting under the lights of ONO Island before the rains. Hope this helps, enjoy yourselves and be Careful.

Blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GREENFISH
    Thanks for the info Blade. We're actually leaving to come home on the 21st so we won't get to do the snapper thing, but it sounds like it would be a ton of fun. I had thought about getting a guide to do a little speckled trout fishing. Has all of the rain messed that type of fishing up?
    Greenfish
    Don't know if this will help you, but here goes.

I talked to a friend who fishes specs in Pensacola almost every day. He's still catching them off the beach bridge late at night, which means they're behind schedule for that area. He says the reds are biting well near the pass on live croakers, and alewives.