Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14" crappie on a mini crank bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 14" crappie on a mini crank bait.

Someone in this forum had mentioned trying mini crank baits and having not had much luck with Bandit crank baits (black crappie only lake) I figured what the heck. Yesterday fishing post front and post rain with temps around 50 I was only able to catch four crappie but the one on the mini crank bait was just over 14".

She fought really hard and was a lot of fun to catch so thanks to whoever it was that brought up the subject. I also had a bit of bad luck when my line broke between my fishing guides on my pole as I was battling another large fish in the same spot I caught the 14"er. I'll be going to Bass Pro Shops today to buy some more of them.

For comparison, here's a Bandit 300 series (which got me a 12"er) and a 2" Lil Wasshoppah.

I think these mini crank baits will do well in the shallow cove's as they don't dive too deep. The crappie in the lake I was fishing are just starting to wake up from a slow winter.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

nice catch...thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

nice fish, thanks for the pics.

Post Thanks / Like

nice! next weekend I'm going to give mini cranks a try for black crappie. At least now I know it's possible to get a good one on them.

Thank you for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the NEW Bass Pro ShopsŪ Tourney Special Micro Light Mini Crank Baits $1.99 each.I have been looking at these just not sure.

Nice pictures also.Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegilll View Post
    Is that the NEW Bass Pro ShopsŪ Tourney Special Micro Light Mini Crank Baits $1.99 each.I have been looking at these just not sure.

From his post, it's a "2" Lil Wasshoppah". I picked up a couple of the micro-lights and those are what I'm going to experiment with this coming weekend. I'll post results. Still pretty early here (ice-out last week), but as the spring goes on I'll keep trying them under different conditions and report how they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    From his post, it's a "2" Lil Wasshoppah". I picked up a couple of the micro-lights and those are what I'm going to experiment with this coming weekend. I'll post results. Still pretty early here (ice-out last week), but as the spring goes on I'll keep trying them under different conditions and report how they do.
    Thanks joejv4 I'll be looking for the report.They look aweful nice,I think you will have good luck with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Tapout, Be SURE you check out your guides on your pole. Most times when the line breaks in those spots,,,, it's a cracked guide!!! Get some cotton and rub it around the guides. If it is cracked/broken it will drag some cotton off. Don't want that to happen when that 3lber hits!!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    Tapout, Be SURE you check out your guides on your pole. Most times when the line breaks in those spots,,,, it's a cracked guide!!! Get some cotton and rub it around the guides. If it is cracked/broken it will drag some cotton off. Don't want that to happen when that 3lber hits!!!! <*)}}}><

Good advice, will do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegilll View Post

This is a Bomber crank bait. BPS sells them but they're $4.29 each.

Link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast