Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw area Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw area Truman Lake

I am heading down to Bucksaw in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone has been to the area and can offer any advice. I have only been once before and it was sort of scary because It was the first outing in my new boat and I lost the channel a few times. TONS of trees and stumps.

I fished to the right if bucksaw last year about a mile or half mile up allong some bluffs and timber.

Post Thanks / Like

That's on the Grand River arm. If that area scares ya,,,so will the rest of the lake. I'll be there also. You going to fish CUSA tourney? The Osage arm above Berry Bend has produced some winning stringers. I'll be looking at both arms and some other 'secret' places. Heh! Heh! Heh! O well,,,I'll tell you just where I'll be! Go up stream from Bucksaw and you'll find a cove just full of trees,,,that's where you might find me. LOL :D I'm in a white Scorpion jet boat. You'll hear me before you'll see me!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raintree
    I am heading down to Bucksaw in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone has been to the area and can offer any advice. I have only been once before and it was sort of scary because It was the first outing in my new boat and I lost the channel a few times. TONS of trees and stumps.

I fished to the right if bucksaw last year about a mile or half mile up allong some bluffs and timber.
    If you can make it up to St Charles go by Rogers Sporting Goods (I-70 & Cave Springs Road, on the northeast outer Road), they have some of the best maps for locating trees and showing the channel. The maps are made by a company called structure graphics. These are a white map, with yellow areas showing water. If you go below bucksaw, once you get several miles away you can run about anywhere in the middle. I have not fished the bucksaw part of the lake, but that area and Berry Bend I am going to learn this summer. I also will be there in two weeks fishing for a couple of days. No tournament just for fun and to get away from work. I also plan on shooting at some turkeys. So be on look out I wont be shooting at you, just the turkeys if they are close to the water. I have a White/blue Charger, with black Merc with blue/white lettering.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome I'll try and head to that place and get a map. I ran to BPS in St Charles today on my lunch hour to pick up a few more bags of tubes and some jig heads. Wish I would have read this sooner I would have stopped all on one trip. Oh well good excuse to run back up that way.

The tourny is for friends and family of MODOT employees. Heck its really open to anyone who wants in on it I think.

I'll be in a white and teal blue Ranger 363 with a Evinrude 150 on it. I'll keep a look out for you. Good luck and lets hope the bite is in full swing.

Post Thanks / Like

TAE, forgot to mention a camo benelli hangin out of the front of the charger........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raintree
    Awsome I'll try and head to that place and get a map. I ran to BPS in St Charles today on my lunch hour to pick up a few more bags of tubes and some jig heads. Wish I would have read this sooner I would have stopped all on one trip. Oh well good excuse to run back up that way.

The tourny is for friends and family of MODOT employees. Heck its really open to anyone who wants in on it I think.

I'll be in a white and teal blue Ranger 363 with a Evinrude 150 on it. I'll keep a look out for you. Good luck and lets hope the bite is in full swing.
    Sorry my bad, the name of the place is Dunns not Rogers (Rogers is in KC). I hope you get this before you head there would be tough to find looking for a name of Rogers. The place is in white building, red lettering right past the Harley Davidson shop. They have alot better prices and selection of jigs than BPS. I am not much on the BPS skirts, I like the southernpro that Dunns and others carry. That makes it 4 crappie tournaments for that day all going on Truman.

Just remember not to keep one in the chamber and shoot a hole in my boat!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    If you can make it up to St Charles go by Rogers Sporting Goods (I-70 & Cave Springs Road, on the northeast outer Road), they have some of the best maps for locating trees and showing the channel. The maps are made by a company called structure graphics. These are a white map, with yellow areas showing water. If you go below bucksaw, once you get several miles away you can run about anywhere in the middle. I have not fished the bucksaw part of the lake, but that area and Berry Bend I am going to learn this summer. I also will be there in two weeks fishing for a couple of days. No tournament just for fun and to get away from work. I also plan on shooting at some turkeys. So be on look out I wont be shooting at you, just the turkeys if they are close to the water. I have a White/blue Charger, with black Merc with blue/white lettering.
    Ted,
    Please do not shoot the wild turkey on my bottle under my seat of the boat.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Ted,
    As long as it doesnt have a beard and gobbles it will be save.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Ted,

That kind of Wild Turkey sure will put hair on your chest and a beard on you...so be careful now!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah last year there were several tourny's going on down there the same weekend.

Woods & Waters, MODOT, SCHRIVER Foods, etc, etc.

But it wasn't too bad our tourny only had about 20-30 boats I think maybe not even that many. And the fishing was tough it rained the whole time and I froze my butt off. I hope to do much better this time around.

We have a Dunns in Peavly also I wonder if they have those Maps at that store.

I havn't been into Dunns in years and years I'll have to give them another shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast