Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cutting Power Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cutting Power Pro

After trying side-cuts(Kleins), open flame, cigarette, surgical scissors, fillet knife, nail clippers and still not getting a consistant satisfactory cut, I went to Wally World and bought a .88 cent pair of childs Fiskar scissors as suggested by Power Pro. I have no idea why, but they work like a hot knife through warm butter......everytime! I would love to know why they work when a $20.00+ cutting device will not. It's gotta be something to do with Voodoo magic.
    After trying them on Power Pro, I tried it on Spider Wire with the same results.
    8th Wonder of the World?
    Last edited by VietVet68; 04-13-2005 at 01:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

:D VietVet68, as any seamstress and my late Mother will tell you,,,"the best is Fiskar. Some things are just that way"! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fiskar

Hey Viet Vet, Thanks for sharing this with us, I use power pro and a knife just will not give you a clean cut on power pro line. I will get a pair. I wonder if Bass Pro has them? Anyhow thanks again. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Vet, I recommended the very same thing on here a long time ago. I didn't realise that Power Pro recomended them too. I even tried the special snips from Fire Line - no good waste of money!

One other thing that works BTW is brand new Toe Nail clippers. Just press hard, but they gotta be good ones. Thats what I use to cut my palomar knots off of my quick changed tackle which I throw in the bottom of a bucket to sort out later. that saves me time when I need it the most -when I'm on the water. :D I wear my Fiskers on a lanyard around my neck. Never have to hunt for them that way, and I can snip off a thug in a hurry if I have too.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids