Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Of all the days not to take my camera...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Of all the days not to take my camera...

Took the family out fishing to the local township pond since it's a beautiful day. We got the kids their own little tackle boxes and some lures so they were very excited.

As we were leaving, I turn to my wife and say, "Should I run back in and get the camera?" "No," she replies, "we won't be there long and at this time of the day we might not get many nibbles."

Well, guess what happens? My son pulls in a 10" crappie on a bobber and 1/16 oz yellow maribou jig. His drag was going like crazy and I thought he had hooked up on some twigs, which we were mostly pulling in on one spot. I take his rod and adjust the drag and we both start reeling it in and I see something splash water.

Biggest fish the little guy has caught yet.

Then a few minutes later, my wife reels in an 8" crappie. She says, "Why didn't you bring the camera?"

:rolleyes:

Last edited by Oddzilla; 04-06-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. Congrats to them. I guess you'll just have to get them back out there and take some more pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that is the way it goes. At least you have the memories, and every time the storie is told you will tell it with a smile. Go get some more and post the pictures of the kids holding there fish!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oddzilla View Post
    Took the family out fishing to the local township pond since it's a beautiful day. We got the kids their own little tackle boxes and some lures so they were very excited.

As we were leaving, I turn to my wife and say, "Should I run back in and get the camera?" "No," she replies, "we won't be there long and at this time of the day we might not get many nibbles."

Well, guess what happens? My son pulls in a 10" crappie on a bobber and 1/16 oz yellow maribou jig. His drag was going like crazy and I thought he had hooked up on some twigs, which we were mostly pulling in on one spot. I take his rod and adjust the drag and we both start reeling it in and I see something splash water.

Biggest fish the little guy has caught yet.

Then a few minutes later, my wife reels in an 8" crappie. She says, "Why didn't you bring the camera?"

:rolleyes:

Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard it's "bad luck" to bring a camera on a fishing trip! Sounds like y'all had a great time.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!!

There's lot's of secret weapons for catching big fish, and one of the most potent ones is leaving the camera home :D

Post Thanks / Like

No cameras and no stringer....guaranteed to catch 'em. Great story though, glad to see ya gettin your son out fishin....won't be long and he'll be out fishin dad ......and you won't even care !
    Duane