Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Bee Ready Adjustable Riser

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Bee Ready Adjustable Riser

There is a new link on the Bee Ready web site that shows close up pictures of the new adjustable riser and gromets. This should address the concern of being able to raise or lower the rod tips. I ordered two that should arrive tomorrow I hope. www.bee-readys.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    There is a new link on the Bee Ready web site that shows close up pictures of the new adjustable riser and gromets. This should address the concern of being able to raise or lower the rod tips. I ordered two that should arrive tomorrow I hope. www.bee-readys.com

Now they just need to make them wider to accomadate the "built in reels " and the wider bases of my 20' rods . I love my Bee Ready's but dang I had to get a different set up for my "Big" poles !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I guess instead of patenting this one I'll give it for free. How about a line of rods that go specificaly with the rod holders but have a built on clip that attaches straight to the T bar so you don't actually need any rod olders at all Just the rods and a tbar. Instead of buying a t bar with 2 or 4 rod holders you would just buy a tbar and the rods. This would save money for both the producer and the client. Most all of us have special rods for use with our rod holders then we would use without so when a lot of us buy a t bar style rod holder we have to buy new rods to go with it so this would put all the money in your pocket. I pay more for the rods then I do for the mounts so...............$

Post Thanks / Like

I recieved my Bee Ready rod holders today. I have not installed them yet so I can't give an on-the-water analysis. I can say that they are very well made and the craftsmanship is superb. What I like the most is the actual bracket that holds the rod. I like the fact that they are not bulky and don't rise up several inches above the tee bar. This will allow them to take up less space if you choose to store them. They hold the rod very securely and I don't believe that to be an issue at all. The one area that might be an issue with some fishermen is the adjustability up and down. They are designed to be "fixed" in one position. Your choices are either rod tip up or rod tip down. It is very simple however to switch from one to the other. You can simply lift the riser out of the base, turn it 180* and re-insert the riser into the base. The rod holders can be swiveled 180* as well and you are in business. It would take maybe 10-15 seconds to switch from rod tip up to rod tip down. That said they are not infinitely adjustable. In the rod tip down position... in my estimation... depending on how high your boat rides on the water and how long your rods are... rod tips should end up from 12-24" off the water. To me this is not a huge issue. I don't see any need for the rod tips to ride lower than 12" off the water. If you are one of those guys that requires the ultimate in up and down adjustability, you might be happier with another brand. I think I'm going to be very pleased with my Bee Ready's.

LucasEd Guest

Default Wider Bee Readys

Quote Originally Posted by DmDuck
    Now they just need to make them wider to accomadate the "built in reels " and the wider bases of my 20' rods . I love my Bee Ready's but dang I had to get a different set up for my "Big" poles !!
    We do have wider Bee Readys. You specify on the phone the 1 1/2inch wide rather than the standard 1 1/4inch wide to accomodate the larger Catfish pole bases.
    www.BeeReadys.com
    call me 214-354-9570
    Ed Phillips