Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: striking out big time

Post Thanks / Like

Default striking out big time

boy oh boy have been out fishing several times the past two weeks and have not caught a single crappie have hit all the brush that i know of and all the spots that people have been telling me about .
    the water temp has been holding steady at right around 43-46 degrees .water has been muddie everyday. and have throwed everything at them but minnows have them in mind for sunday .

just wanted to see if anyone else has been having this much fun

just wanted to vent a little .

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, I have been able to catch trout n bass but no crappie. I fish from shore so I am limited to where I can fish. But I know the water will warm up and crappie will move in too. So hang in there.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Try the head waters of the lake you are fishing for warmer waters and possibly less mud!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Striking out big time

Hi Scott
    What part of western Md are you from and what lakes have you been fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

i live in garrett county and have been to the yough res. deep creek don't hold alot of crappie they say but they just opened the docks the other day.
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    Try the head waters of the lake you are fishing for warmer waters and possibly less mud!
    Great advice.....with all the flooding in this part of the country thats all that has been working for me lately,and that has been spotty at best.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Down here in arkansas, atleast the the north west corner, it has been terrible we have fished all over and hard not shallow not deep not on the drop offs not in the brush. I think they may have gone to texas for a convention.
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been in three week's,and gettin the itch. oh well yard is lookin good, gettin the lawn mower's ready to go, gonna clean the pond area today and put a new axel under the boat trailer tomorrow, so if ya'll get to go say a kind word to the fish cause it's gonna get rough on them soon.

Post Thanks / Like

At that temp. I would think they are staging at the mouth of the rivers and coves depending on the temp.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure fishing in Georgia is WAY DIFFERENT but during our winter when the water was those temps I was catching fish in the mouths of creeks in 35-45 feet of water. Since I night fish I was tightlining minnows fishing very near the bottom. Some nights they'd bite, others they wouldnt. Just the least little changes would stop the bite.......rain, colder weather changing water temps a couple degrees, bright moon, etc. If I were fishing the daytime ijn those temps I'd probably try drift fishing using minnows and would be paying ALOT of attention to what my sonar was seeing.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast