Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage and CrappiePappy...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Road Rage and CrappiePappy...LOL

Why in the world do people insist on passing you when you are hauling a boat reguardless of how fast you are going or what the speed limit is???? I bet I had 10 people speed around me today while hauling the boat from the lake. I was running 60 in a 55 and never touched the brakes once, until people tried to pass me with almost no room. This is a phenomenon I can't explain. They either ride your prop or pass you like you are holding them up.

I think I better start back to that Road Rage class again.

Now on to the good things about today. I did find the crappie :D Crappiepappy said "Take the boat, use your electronics to find other docks with equal water depths around the dock pilings, & fish them the same way Hey, if it's working at your dock ... it should be working on others.
    If the water is muddy/dirty and still in the 40's ... the fish are probably a bit lethargic, maybe even stressed. The "meat" you have on your hook helps them find the offering ... the size of the offering, being small, is easy for them to consume while in their cold water state.
    Personally, I'd be Vertical Casting around every dock post I could find Dirty water can sometimes cause the fish to nose up to a stationary object, allowing them to stay in an upright position and maintain their equilibrium/balance. The cold water temps is keeping their metabolism slowed down, so a big meal isn't necessary. You're catching fish, where you are and how you're fishing, so just expand your horizons and get out there and find those other productive docks."

I did catch a limit of crappie thanks to Crappiepappy!! :D:D:D He was right on the money about targeting other docks at the same depth. I then went and targeted standing timber at the same depth and caught my 5 biggest :D:D of the five big ones all were 12" with the biggest 14". Thank you for the advice. I am already getting better at vertical casting after today. It started rough, but wasn't bad once I got the hang of it. I even took a marker and marked the line just above the reel so I could return to the same depth each time. :D

Supposed to be in the 60s the next 7-10 days in Indiana! I am gonna learn to use the digital camera before the week is up. Maybe I can get some pictures on here.

Thanks again Crappiepappy! That's what makes this site great. I not only caught fish today, but I learned something new!
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapermouthLegend View Post
    Why in the world do people insist on passing you when you are hauling a boat reguardless of how fast you are going or what the speed limit is???? I bet I had 10 people speed around me today while hauling the boat from the lake. I was running 60 in a 55 and never touched the brakes once, until people tried to pass me with almost no room. This is a phenomenon I can't explain. They either ride your prop or pass you like you are holding them up.

Now on to the good things about today. I did find the crappie :D Crappiepappy said "Take the boat, use your electronics to find other docks with equal water depths around the dock pilings, & fish them the same way Hey, if it's working at your dock ... it should be working on others.
    If the water is muddy/dirty and still in the 40's ... the fish are probably a bit lethargic, maybe even stressed. The "meat" you have on your hook helps them find the offering ... the size of the offering, being small, is easy for them to consume while in their cold water state.
    Personally, I'd be Vertical Casting around every dock post I could find Dirty water can sometimes cause the fish to nose up to a stationary object, allowing them to stay in an upright position and maintain their equilibrium/balance. The cold water temps is keeping their metabolism slowed down, so a big meal isn't necessary. You're catching fish, where you are and how you're fishing, so just expand your horizons and get out there and find those other productive docks."

I did catch a limit of crappie thanks to Crappiepappy!! :D:D:D He was right on the money about targeting other docks at the same depth. I then went and targeted standing timber at the same depth and caught my 5 biggest :D:D of the five big ones all were 12" with the biggest 14". Thank you for the advice. I am already getting better at vertical casting after today. It started rough, but wasn't bad once I got the hang of it. I even took a marker and marked the line just above the reel so I could return to the same depth each time. :D

Supposed to be in the 60s the next 7-10 days in Indiana! I am gonna learn to use the digital camera before the week is up. Maybe I can get some pictures on here.

Thanks again Crappiepappy! That's what makes this site great. I not only caught fish today, but I learned something new!
    You gonna make his head swell. his head might pop. He an old man.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Canepole you crack me up.....the no chains LMAO

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya about people crowding you when towing - it is almost as
    bad just with my dually, not towing. When I drive it to work, they will
    run up practically underneath me at a stop sign. Then at the first
    place to pass (sometimes sooner) they go buzzing around me like they're
    going to a fire... funny thing is, is that usually after I get eased up through
    the gears and leveled off in OD, I end up running up on their bumper and
    having to slow down, just running the speed limit. Jackrabbits.
    And they wonder why they have transmission and brake problems :p

I HAVE lost my cool with a few of them and got to about 6" of
    their bumper and threatened to push them when they do that,
    but I'm trying to behave now

But I still can't resist doing this:
    Next time one runs up underneath the back bumper, SLOW DOWN
    to a crawl. STOP and look both ways three or four times before
    EASING away from a stop sign. Wait till the light is green for a LONG
    time before moving. The more they crowd you, the more you should slow
    down, even if it means stopping in the middle of the road :D

Now what was I saying about behaving?
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapermouthLegend View Post

You think its bad with a boat. Try being a truck driver, people will eat thier own children to get around you.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    You think its bad with a boat. Try being a truck driver, people will eat thier own children to get around you.
    Miller,

Big trucks make my tailpipe draw up. Seems like they are always on my tail and when they pass me, feels like they gonna suck me up under the truck.

Everybody passes me. I don't get in a rush for nuthin'. People who are in a rush have high blood pressure and hemorrhoids.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tho a log chain on their bumper, that'll slow 'em down!!!!:D
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear that you were on them slabs. Everyone around me is tired of hearing me "whine" about the weather but I'll be glad when it breaks and warms up. Seeing and hearing of you guys catch fish is making me nuts. Every early Spring, I'll wake up some night cranking an imaginary spinning reel. :o I'm sure I'll be doing that soon. :D
    If you are a veteran or active military, THANK YOU.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to drive truck and the same thing is true. Everyone has to pass you regardless of how fast you are going. Some even tail gate you so you will block the wind for them (DRAFTING) and get better gas mileage.

Anyway watch your 6 and be careful.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go, on the fish catchin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast