Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help with trolling motor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with trolling motor

I have a transom mount Minn Kota Endura 36. The problem is, I want to put it on the front of the boat. Currently, I would have to use the reverse speeds to go foward.

Is there anyway to modify it so that the lower part is pointed foward so I can use the foward speeds, but also, so that the handle is facing toward the back of the boat?

Thanks
    SweetHome

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the 36 but on my 55 if you take the screw out on the control head you can spin the head 180 degrees.This does what you want,we do it so we can backtroll against the river current.Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tony. Just the info I needed.

And thanks Ed for such a great site.

Post Thanks / Like

I too just spun the head around on a transom mount Minn Kota I had a few years ago, a 36 lb. One screw holding the head to the shaft.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like someone already has if it's a transom mount and you have to run in reverse to go forward. I might be confused myself though, it happens.:D

Post Thanks / Like

ive used the endura 36 before, same as the endura 50 i just got and switched to bow mount. i took the top lid off to make sure the wires were happy, but its like they said above, just pull the thru bolt, rotate 180 and replace. works perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

On my minn kota, I had to take the whole top assemble apart. There was a one screw that ran through the shaft that I pulled turned the head and reinserted the screw. It was not very difficult to do but I did have to take the handle and head apart. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you now, LOL, I've not turned one, but have replaced a switch in a 36. The one I have can be turned without taking apart, as long as the wires have enough slack or do not bind on the inside. Try it and if feels like it is binding, take the top off and check them.

Post Thanks / Like

When i did this, its just like these fellas said, but i pulled off the top cover and disconnected the 3 big wires the turned the head just to make sure that the wires didnt bind.
    Stinkies Daddy