Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Pork

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got Pork

This is a young wild pig I cought last week. She will taste good at around 7 this evening.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a mouth-watering sight man!! We used to do the same. Had a client near Navasota that was an automatic pig for the taking any time I went there, and did occasionally.
    I remember calling a friend who was a native Texan, butcher, and familiar with feral hoggz. I had shot a boar, bout 175 lbs live weight. Told him I had butchered it, was sure no urine or feces had come into contact with the meat, but would it be gamey, being a boar. He said taste is 60% smell. Shave a slice of pork off it and drop it a red hot frying pan and if it stinks dont worry, just dont cook it in the house-put it on the grill or do it in the ground.
    Tastiest pig I ever ate, made me a believer. I lived in AZ for 10 yrs and had some bad experiences cookin up javalina. The sows were ok as long as they werent too old/big, but the boars were virtually inedible. We used to take em to a Mexican lady who would cook and cook and cook em, ladling off the fat
    periodicly. Then she made tamales outta em with a liberal dose of hot. They were edible but still just a tad of the gamey came thru. Their diet also makes for alotta the bad taste.

Looks like you got er under control man, wish I lived near ya, I'd be buggin ya for some. That looks absolutely mouth-watering. You must be da man!!!:D

Is that an old cream seperator in the background?
    Last edited by horseshoer; 04-04-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,it looks delicous.

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking pig, that is the way I like them.....smacks lips, drools down chin!
    Last edited by klight1122; 04-04-2008 at 08:43 AM. Reason: learning to spell
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by horseshoer View Post

Is that an old cream seperator in the background?
    Its an old grinder. My Father in law used to raise hogs and thats what he ground his corn with
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Dang that looking good, Enjoy your dinner...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

What kinda jig did you catch that thing on!!
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

I can smell it from here Gordon !!!!! Save me some, I'll be near your area tomorrow.
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Where ya going to be at Rad

Post Thanks / Like

woowee that pig is good. Got it off the smoker a little bit ago and mmmm. Got some red beans, corn, corn bread, pea salad, and dump cake to go along with it. Now just waiting on all the family to get here to eat it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast