Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sound Attractant

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sound Attractant

Listen very closley and see if you heard the sound that drives fish crazy!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-20f_...eature=related

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about this one, but I saw an old man once fishing with a cane pole when I was about 9 or 10 years old. This guy would take the pole (about 15') sweep it across the water slapping the surface gently. He swore that this attracted crappie. I don't know this for sure but the guy caught a bunch of crappie. Has anyone else heard this one? Or does anyone do it themselves?
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapermouthLegend View Post
    I don't know about this one, but I saw an old man once fishing with a cane pole when I was about 9 or 10 years old. This guy would take the pole (about 15') sweep it across the water slapping the surface gently. He swore that this attracted crappie. I don't know this for sure but the guy caught a bunch of crappie. Has anyone else heard this one? Or does anyone do it themselves?
    I've always heard that bass react to sounds like that because they think that it's active baitfish. Could crappie be the same way?
    If you are a veteran or active military, THANK YOU.

Post Thanks / Like

The squeek of the chair was killing me.....
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapermouthLegend View Post
    I have heard of this. Supposed to simulate the sound of baitfish I think. I read an article years ago that called it caneing for crappie. I think it said it was a practice in the deep south.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I guess the squeaky seat gets the fish !

Gotta give him credit though, that was a good video. For me the best sound attractant involves beans for dinner the night before :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that had an aluminum boat for a while, he put graphite in the hole that the seat goes into, to stop the squeaky that the seat was making. His fish count went up, His thinking was the squeak was driving the fish away.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

i would have to oil that doggone chair---that would annoy me to no end! i couldn't even watch the whole video---my daughter came running in and asked where that squeaking noise came from!!!!!!!!!
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good video by Donald Barnes. Don works hard to give people an enjoyable fish filled day. If you are in the Big Sandy area near Paris, Tn. I recommend that you give him a call and let him show you how it is done. He will definitely show you about the lake/methods/equipment that it takes to catch the crappie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64 View Post
    Listen very closley and see if you heard the sound that drives fish crazy!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-20f_...eature=related