Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need you opinion please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need you opinion please!

I have a pontoon boat and it has a very nice sonar/GPS unit on the console however when up front running the troll motor I am lost without being able to see the bottom, depth, grass etc. I guess I am spoiled from my old bass boat days.

Anyway I am thinking about getting a Bottom Line portable unit and have never used this brand or any portable model. If any of you have experience with this brand or any other please give me you take.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skip

I just bought a Bottom line 480 tournament Max depth finder. I don't know about the portable ones but, I will tell you this. I'm very unhappy with the unit I have and will NEVER buy a product from bottom line again. I spent almost $200.00 on mine and it's not half the unit my Garmin 160 or my lowrance was.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    I have a pontoon boat and it has a very nice sonar/GPS unit on the console however when up front running the troll motor I am lost without being able to see the bottom, depth, grass etc. I guess I am spoiled from my old bass boat days.

Anyway I am thinking about getting a Bottom Line portable unit and have never used this brand or any portable model. If any of you have experience with this brand or any other please give me you take.
    I use to use Bottom Line's side finders which also shows the bottom. It wasn't the portable type and it didn't show much detail. It would give you the basic display and water temp. If you are use to a good unit on the sonsole, I think you will be disappointed with that unit. But again, mine were the old units and they may have improved since then. Just something to consider.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I do appreciate it. Guess I will be looking at the Eagle Fishmark 320.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I do appreciate it. Guess I will be looking at the Eagle Fishmark 320.
    Now i have an Eagle Fishmark 320 on my console and a Lowrance X75 on the trolling motor....

I really do like the Eagle Fishmark 320 and if I remember correctly it just went on sale at BPS, so check that one out. It is a very good unit!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

If you really like this unit, and dont want to spend alot of money on a second unit. Go back to the manufacture and purchase a transducer and another mounting bracket and power cord. Then mount all this on the trolling motor, mount the bracket to hold it. Then when you get to your spot unhook you unit and take it with ya to the front of the boat. And then you are all set, should save you at least a couple hundred bucks.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I like my Fishmark 320 very much. Can get one for $169 or less if on sale a BPS.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys I really appreciate you input!

Peak Vise Dealer

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagle Fishmark on sale at BPS online catalog for $139.99. If you have a local store print a copy of it online and carry copy in store. They will give you same price and you don't have to pay shipping.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.