Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any reports from Toledo Bend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any reports from Toledo Bend?

Was wondering just how much the lake has come up from normal pool and if it has affected the spring spawn catching? Anyone been fishing there the past couple days or weeks? Having withdrawls over here!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toledo Bend

Lake is at 173', 1 foot above full pool level. have been doing alright on Crappie in the Six Mile area. 2 weeks ago we got 84 keepers, mostly males in 4-10' of water throwing chartreuse 1/16 oz jigs, reeling in very slowly. last weekend only got 57 keepers, same jig, but a little deeper off points. these were mostly females, all black crappie.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Talking about the last few weeks things have swung from one depth to another several times and now all this water I don't know what it will do.

Last good outing I had was Friday when the wend let me run over to Housen and in about 1 hour of fishing got 12 good ones and was messing with new parts on my rod holders so my attention was not what it should have been. if I had been paying better attention I should have had 2 times as many maybe more. For sure if I had someone with me we could have caught 30 keepers and they were in about 11' of water.

Maybe a few fast shots across from me since and picked up a few under a bobber using 1/16 dubbed body with Holo Silver stuff. Looks awesome.

Skip

PS the water has been at 173 for a couple of days and still coming because the SRA has 11 gates open 2' and both generators running 24 hours a day.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I had been catching a few in 3' or so, but now the water is up 3' which makes my old 3' holes 6'. Yep, I'm confused. Plus the water is kind of red now.

At least the catfish are biting.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip & EarlG - this is Breambuster/Chris from the TFF! Thanks to all yall for the reports! I'll be up that way come the week prior to Memorial Day weekend and HOPEFULLY if I can swing that way once before then to drop a couple loads of brush. Fish between the Pendleton Bridge-Indian Mounds area and usually stay at Lowe's Creek Marina.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breambuster View Post
    Skip & EarlG - this is Breambuster/Chris from the TFF! Thanks to all yall for the reports! I'll be up that way come the week prior to Memorial Day weekend and HOPEFULLY if I can swing that way once before then to drop a couple loads of brush. Fish between the Pendleton Bridge-Indian Mounds area and usually stay at Lowe's Creek Marina.

Just pm me or Skip, we'll try to help, or post on either forum we'll probably see it. I'm inconsistent as heck but sometimes I know a little.

Right now the red water has shut down the fish and fishermen as far as I know.