HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT...crazy world getting crazier..Waycross 3rd graders

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OT...crazy world getting crazier..Waycross 3rd graders

Waycross 3rd Graders Charged for Plotting to Attack Teacher

Posted: April 1, 2008 09:59 PM
    Waycross, Ga. (WALB) - Investigators say a group of third graders planned to attack their teacher and even brought weapons to school to do it.

Nine third graders at a Waycross Elementary School are now suspended.

Three of them, an 8-year old boy and 9 and 10-year old girls, are now charged with possession of weapons on school grounds, conspiracy to commit a crime of aggravated assault, and unruly child

Police say the kids got mad because the teacher disciplined them last week.

Nine students at Center Elementary School in Waycross, ages 8 to 10, were caught plotting to attack their teacher, Belle Carter.

Simply for being disciplined. "Possibly a girl standing on her chair or jumping up and down behind her chair," says Waycross Police Chief Tony Tanner.

Police say since Thursday the students had been stashing weapons at school. A steak knife, cheap hand cuffs, a large crystal paper weight, ribbon, and duct tape.

"They planned to tie her up and then go from there," Chief Tanner says. "With the steak knife and the crystal being involved we have looked at both of those items being possible weapons to hurt her in some fashion."

Armed with their tools the students came to school, each with a specific job....from taping shut windows to possibly even wiping up blood.

Police say the students mapped out a detailed plan to hurt, possibly torture her.

The exact details are still unknown but they say whatever the plan, it could have had tragic results. "If it would have been a blow to the neck with a knife or the heart or anything else. It could have been fatal," Tanner says.

The students were rounded up Friday, the day they planned to carry out the attack, when a pupil saw a girl bringing her weapon to school. The teacher, they say, is still in shock.

The students had all been called good kids until now. "She's shaken up a little. She's really surprised. She showed me a picture of the students in her class. She's really surprised they would do this," says Theresa Martin of the Ware County School System.

The students are all typically too young to be charged under Georgia law but the three masterminds have been charged due to the seriousness of this case and the potentially deadly outcome it may have had.

The school board won't comment on the length of the suspensions or whether the kids may be kicked out of school altogether.

Carter is a veteran teacher who was planning to retire at the end of the year.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

believe me

JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG for ware county school system !

Post Thanks / Like

Need to bring back paddeling,timeout don't work.A board to the butt will get your attenion,just my 2 cents.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roybuoy View Post
    Need to bring back paddeling,timeout don't work.A board to the butt will get your attenion,just my 2 cents.
    I agree with you roybuoy, Parents can't discipline kids anymore are they will be charged with child abuse. When I went to school in Ala. every teacher had the right to paddle kids that misbeheaved and kids were not in as much trouble as we see them get into now days. You don't have to beat a kid to get results' we got ours in front of the class and your pride also takes a licking.

Post Thanks / Like

They need to get a hold on this FAST. When you hear about some high school up north it makes you shake your head, but when it is third graders in GA it gets me upset. My son could be in one of those classrooms in a couple of years. Its hard to pinpoint a certain problem, but I'm thinking along the same lines as ya'll. Many kids today just aren't scared of anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to go back to hard core disciplin. It worked for us .

Post Thanks / Like

who was it that said in the beginning "SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD" ??
    spoil means to rot and be no good.if this nation does not heed to the FATHER'S words,we will be destroyed by our own stupidity

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=DENNIS WILLIS;483128]I agree with you roybuoy, Parents can't discipline kids anymore are they will be charged with child abuse.

Dennis,
    I have had to deal with DFAC on this very issue a few years ago. Not to go into a long story but I was told by a DFAC representive that "as long as you spank a child with an appropriate object, in an appropriate place (on the body), for an appropriate reason there is nothing that can be done."

We use drugs nowadays to control our children instead of a good ole butt whipping. We expect everyone else to discipline our children because we are affraid of DFAC. We have a thousand excuses as to why our children act up and misbehave but the truth is we are too lazy to do what God has instructed us to do. "Bring up your children in the way they should go".

It is not the schools, or DFAC, or the courts to discipline our kids. The sooner we understand this the sooner things like this stop happening.

Every year at the beginning of school my wife and I meet with our kids teachers and I always tell each one the same thing. "Your job is to teach my kids, my job is to make sure the behave so you can. Let me know if you have a discipline problem with them and I will make sure it doesn't happen again."

What shocks me the most about all this is that no one is saying anything about the ROOT cause of this. THE PARENTS! If the children cannot be held responsible then the parents should be.

When I was in school I KNEW that if I got in trouble in school I was in trouble at home as well. The punishment I got at home was far worse than anything the school could do to me. My kids are being brought up with this same understanding. So far, it is working.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another viewpoint

I have a somewhat different take on this behavior thing which seems to be rampant throughout the country. I have no evidence to support it, it's just a hunch but not entirely ridiculous, in my opinion.
    #1 I think the influence of violent rap music has affected a lot of children in a violent way. Now, the first thing a liberal will say is that "nothing has been proven to show that violent music can affect or cause bad behavior". I would then say..."then logically speaking, how can music that is NOT violent affect or cause good behavior". And there are psychological studies to support that.

#2 I also think kids live today in a somewhat fantasy world of "re-set mentality"....from the overuse of video games. Just press the re-set button and the game starts all over again with a fresh start.
    Could it be possible that this thinking has melded into reality with these young people to the point they think real life is a "reset button" also?
    Therefore there is little or no concern over consequences since "all we have to is press the reset button, say we're sorry, and start all over again"???

I am no shrink, but I don’t think these thoughts of mine are totally absurd. There may be some merit in them, but again...fat chance of any educator or government person giving them any consideration.
    Doug Bush

Post Thanks / Like

In my day, if I got my butt busted at school, I got it busted twice as hard at home(If my parents found out)...But this type of discipline is now cause ABUSE and it will supposedly make the child turn into a violent person for the rest of his/her life...Hmmmm...I have never been a violent person or been in any kind of trouble and I dont think I turned out so bad....Maybe this explains why I threw my fishing rod in the water one time when it kept messing up:D
    Last edited by TnT; 04-02-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast