Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what color bait in muddy water

Post Thanks / Like

Default what color bait in muddy water

what is the best color jig or tube bait tails

for crappie in stained or muddy water.

Post Thanks / Like

Somthing dark. Black/green red, blue use a dark color and add a crappie niblet to give it some smell.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a color c lector this year as a gift. I am still not sure they work because I haven't had enough experience with it. But, the color that has been working for me in our muddy waters is DARK GREEN. I have to say my box was not loaded with any dark green and it hasn't been one of my favorites in the past. This year I have been catching fish along the docks at our local lakes using Ice Fishing Jigs and very small leadheads and spoons. Our water is muddy and this color has been working. I would not have even tried the color had it not been for the color c lector, but the Dark Green has outfished my favorites (chartruese & pink) so far this year. So far the color c lector is somewhat acurate, still undecided about it though. The other color ranges from Dark Green - Mustard - Light Brown (tan) - pale orange. I just haven't had to try the other colors as of yet.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used a hot orange and fire tail it was an old bass pro color when my stash ran out I ordered 5000 from southern pro in 2" I still have 4000 I gave some to a buddy who only uses custom jigs no plastic. told him to try them some day when the water was dirty and the fishing slowed. He got another bag from me and as far as i know it is still the only plastic in his boat. I seen somewhere that you can get them now from southern pro.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN

Post Thanks / Like

Default mix it up

I like to use multi-colored jig/tube combo. Something like a orange jighead/blk-chart tube or chart jighead/black-pink tube or yellow jighead/blue-white tube. I think that different color contrast in muddy water and can be seen more often.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll usually use black/chart or bright orange.