Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Water Wagons came back?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If Water Wagons came back?

I have an idea bouncing around in my head. Lots of room. I had a lightweight boat similar to the Water Wagon Ernest Paty is seen in in a few of his pictures posted in his "Old guys are tough" thread. I can make something similar, and will post a picture of it when the prototype is complete. My question is; would you buy one if they were available, and how much do you think it would be worth to you? Mine will have an aluminum frame and be tough as nails. All input is appreciated, except the rediculous. Thanx, Tim.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would not be interested in one but I know there are a lot of similar products in production by large companies that must have seen some good research numbers to spur them into production. The main question you need to ask yourself is are you able to compete eith these outfits that are up and running. Do you have a better something. You need an edge in this world to get by I think. Make it better than what you can already buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to read some specs on your ideal & maybe a price range.Will you also be tryin to build a trailer for them also?

Post Thanks / Like

I have two waterwagons. I just walked in the door from a waterwagon fishing trip this morning on a small lake. I ate shellcrackers for supper last night from a waterwagon trip. I love them and would buy another one just to have a spare for a friend. If I had another one, I would take my son, his friend and myself on a waterwagon camping trip this summer. I would like to talk to you on the phone about some suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto here Crappiecrazy.My friend sandwichmaker found one for me a couple weeks ago.Its a early 80's model,but still works great.They are hard to find and I'd love to add another one for friends or family.
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, Crappiecrazy. Sent pm.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea bouncing around in my head. Lots of room.,
    HEHE,I like that,,,

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished off a wagon for 15 years and can't think of ever not having one. I would pay 400 dollars in a heartbeat for a brand new one if it was one like I have now. They quit making them like mine years ago.

From years of watching folks try to duplicate them, I can tell you it's not as easy as it looks if you want it to be as durable as these are. They were pressure molded from "Arcell", a type of foam that's tough as nails and is tolerable of petroleum products such as gasoline. People have tried it with styrofoam, but they couldn't hold up. A guy here in Snyder, Tx made a prototype several years ago from aluminum. It was a good vessel, but heavy and very, very costly.

If you need pictures, specs, etc on one, I'll be more than happy to send you any info I have. I'd love for someone to make some, they are fishing machines!! No telling how old that one of crappiecrazy's is and it looks to me it's still doing a great job!!
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich Maker View Post

I've fished off a wagon for 15 years and can't think of ever not having one. I would pay 400 dollars in a heartbeat for a brand new one if it was one like I have now. They quit making them like mine years ago.

From years of watching folks try to duplicate them, I can tell you it's not as easy as it looks if you want it to be as durable as these are. They were pressure molded from "Arcell", a type of foam that's tough as nails and is tolerable of petroleum products such as gasoline. People have tried it with styrofoam, but they couldn't hold up. A guy here in Snyder, Tx made a prototype several years ago from aluminum. It was a good vessel, but heavy and very, very costly.

If you need pictures, specs, etc on one, I'll be more than happy to send you any info I have. I'd love for someone to make some, they are fishing machines!! No telling how old that one of crappiecrazy's is and it looks to me it's still doing a great job!!
    Man, You have faith in styrofoam!:D More power to ya!:DCF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of using polyethylene foam, such as used in packing electronics. Got stonewalled at my local supplier, not a big enuf order i guess. Will have to do the gasoline test before i go further. Will be lite and easy to cut and adhere. I'll keep y'all posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast