Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gulp Alive update ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp Alive update ?

Anyone used Gulp Alive for some time now and can give us an update on how it works. I only use jigs but know sometimes I would have better luck with minnows but am not set-up for them plus to me they can be a pain so was wondering about the above. I have a friend that loves using the saltwater stuff for trout.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i used them alot for ice fishing on a 1/8 oz jig and nailed bass on them.. have done the same with the ice gone and just bottom bouncing it the same way.. works pretty good for walleyes also... im just not crazy bout paying 20 bucks for them and then the container leaks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Gulp earthworm and love it. They also have nightcrawlers and leeches which are cheaper. not crazy about the price either, and these other gulps aren't in liguid.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

well the gulp alives in liquids had a problem with the container leaking.. i called them and they asked for the info and they sent me 2 new buckets of fresh product out... yeahhh berkley great customer service

Post Thanks / Like

Also was wondering if you can add regular Gulp to the bucket? Was asking about the Gulp Alive mainly, so far the Gulp earthworms have not worked as well for me as redworms for shellcrackers.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

yes you can add any sort of plastic to it but they recommend not mixing colors cause they may bleed a little

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h View Post
    well the gulp alives in liquids had a problem with the container leaking.. i called them and they asked for the info and they sent me 2 new buckets of fresh product out... yeahhh berkley great customer service
    I didn't realize how expensive that stuff is. Do you really think it's that good? The big tub at Cabela's is like $39 and a pint at $20, Wow that is almost 50 cents per bait?

Also when did they have the problem with the leaking? They cost so much that sure don't want any leaking.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I use it for saltwater, mainly the swimming mullet and shrimp in a few different colors. They've done pretty good for me, but I haven't had a lot of success with it in freshwater.
    The pricetag is the worst problem. The Alive tubs have a lot more baits than the plastic bags, but if you buy a lot of them the tubs are worth it because of the price difference. You wind up paying more for the smaller packs for the same amount of baits.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=skiptomylu;481909]I didn't realize how expensive that stuff is. Do you really think it's that good? The big tub at Cabela's is like $39 and a pint at $20, Wow that is almost 50 cents per bait?

Man, what are they soakin in? DIESEL FUEL?
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    I didn't realize how expensive that stuff is. Do you really think it's that good? The big tub at Cabela's is like $39 and a pint at $20, Wow that is almost 50 cents per bait?

Also when did they have the problem with the leaking? They cost so much that sure don't want any leaking.

Skip
    thing is thow they do work good for me expecially for waleyes and bass, there a lil to big for crappie. plus whens its gone i soaked a bunch of my favorite colored crappie tubes and jigs in there and no need to add them darn crappie nibbles or get a bait pump and the jigs work great. i told them they ned to do that and make a crappie line of them in a smaller bucket maybe half pint for 10 bucks with maybe 100 tubes or jigs in it...and using your own plastics is better then the gulp plastics which are like clay.....i guess they had the issue when they first came out. i had called them today and complained and they are sending me 2 new full buckets.
    Last edited by john h; 04-01-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast