Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Graphite quality codes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Graphite quality codes?

What does the different descriptions, codes, (?) mean, in reference to graphite poles. Example: im6, im7, etc. I'm using a 96% tubular graphite pole now. How would these other type poles differ than mine? I've been looking through the Grizzly catalog, and I'm just wish listing for what I want to try next. So far, 95% of my fishing is vertical jigging brushpiles/stumps.

Post Thanks / Like

the percent graphite (95% or 96%) types are less quality than the IM series. IM6 is less than IM7, etc. When I say quality, I mean lighter in weight and more in sensitivity. You can even go to the extreme and go above IM series like G.Loomis did with their GLX series. JMHO...Tight Lines!
    Support Our Troops!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink TallTimber ...

read this, and you will understand : http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=2;t=007617

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. It seems like the codes might be confusing to a number of people. It doesn't appear that the designation is always a reliable quality indicator. Would it be safe to assume that most graphite rods are of a "tubular" design?