Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling rods...again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling rods...again

Trying, one step at a time, to get set up for trolling. I can get the 10' B&M jig poles for about $30 a piece. Theyre usually $37 or so around here. Seems to be a lot of favoratism towards the Wally Marshall rod. Any opinions about those on sale at bass pro right now? The universals. Ive read dozens of threads pertaining to rods and still not sure which direction to go. I dont want to have to buy a rod, only to break it and start over again, although I know they can all be broken. What model of the Wally marshalls if you recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and enjoy both but I have broken MANY B & M tips trying to lift fish in the boat. Now I don't even try to lift anything over a pound just to be on the safe side. My Wally Marshall is the signature series and it seems to do everything very well. If I break it within a year I'll just take it back to BPS for a replacement.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

TreedinNC... I went to Bass Pro yesterday with the intentions of getting a Wally Marshall 4'6" rod for dock shooting. I put it in the buggy....and it was so thin down toward the tip. I carried it around and ran across a 4'8" Ugly Stick (the newer and higher end one)with a open face Shakespear reel for the same price as the Wally Marshall which was $29.99. I just knew that I would break the thin Wally Marshall rod with all of us tromping around in the boat. The Wally Marshall rod I was looking at was I believe the "signature series". I am sure they are good rods, and if I didn't fish with younguns and and I wasn't a clumsy old grandpa I might would try one for the price. I am not knocking their product as I am sure its first class, but I know how strong the Ugly Stiks are.

Post Thanks / Like

I also use a 6'6" ugly stick for dock shooting.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the WM universal rods and love them for trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

lol not dock shooting guys, got that covered. Thanks anyway. I'll give the WM universals a look next time Im at BPS. Thanks Uncle BS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Rods

I like the wally marshall tightline special also use the universal both are excellent trolling rods. I also like the BPS 1 year warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

i've been using B&M Westpoint 10 ft for the past three years ,and have never broken one. even them big ol ky crappie. (knock on wood ). I use them mainly for trolling and drifting, minnow and float around steak beds.
    Last edited by lamplighter; 03-31-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

tell what i have on my mind steak.......stake
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

its ok, i could use a big one NY strip with a salad and baked potato right now too

Thanks guys. I'll do some pricing and see what I can do on the B&Ms again and then maybe try to hit up BPS before the sale ends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast