Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zebco Slab Seekers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco Slab Seekers

Hey - If anyone has the slightest inclination to buy one of these reels, I would recommend NOT doing it.

I bought 4 to give them a test drive and the first time I hooked a fish I switch the pin up before I started reeling up the line and the pin broke on my first fish.....needless to say the others never made it out of the box....I returned them all......

They didn't appear to be very high quality at all....great idea, but the quality was not up to par......
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy that has 2 of the open face spinning and said they worked pretty good, i.e. no problems!

Which model did you try? Openface or spincast?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishCrazed
    I have a buddy that has 2 of the open face spinning and said they worked pretty good, i.e. no problems!

Which model did you try? Openface or spincast?
    I only tried the open-face and I was less than impressed!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Lol...did you use that line that came with them? Its crap line.....I had a little ol channel cat down at the local river break it. I put power pro on both of mine and haven't had any problems. Granted I haven't had the opportunity to use the pin with the power pro, but I imagine the power pro can hold up.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad now GAboy....I'm wondering if I had any effect on you buying four after all that hype I was posting about me buying some. LOL. Man....I'm sorry....I'm still laughing at your post. I had no idea you had bought them and then here is your first report on them.....hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappster
    Lol...did you use that line that came with them? Its crap line.....I had a little ol channel cat down at the local river break it. I put power pro on both of mine and haven't had any problems. Granted I haven't had the opportunity to use the pin with the power pro, but I imagine the power pro can hold up.
    No, I immediately pulled that line off and re-strung it with some good line....be careful of that pin....I thought they were metal at first, but they are only plastic......
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad now GAboy....I'm wondering if I had any effect on you buying four after all that hype I was posting about me buying some. LOL. Man....I'm sorry....I'm still laughing at your post. I had no idea you had bought them and then here is your first report on them.....hehe.
    No sir....I would have bought them anyhow...I was just in the mood to buy something and I saw them.....I figured I would give them a field test myself....and let's just say it failed miserably in my particular application!!

Too funny!!!!

So, I take it your experience hasn't been so bad?
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at them at the Sportscenter in Perry. Felt and looked cheap, so I passed on them. Glad I did now.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...crappie aren't going to break 10 pound power pro regardless. So yeah my experience has been good because I can mark the depth. I haven't really been fishing in that fashion though since I bought them. Probably won't do that until summer time. But I do see what you are getting at with the pin. The stress it puts on the line with that angle would cause light mono to break.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...crappie aren't going to break 10 pound power pro regardless. So yeah my experience has been good because I can mark the depth. I haven't really been fishing in that fashion though since I bought them. Probably won't do that until summer time. But I do see what you are getting at with the pin. The stress it puts on the line with that angle would cause light mono to break.

No, it wasn't the string that broke, it was the actual pin that comes up!

If it was the line I wouldn't be as upset.....
    ><)))*>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast