Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Holder Angle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder Angle

What is the best Rod Holder angle (0- 30-45 degrees) for all general crappie fishing? or is a adjustable holder more versatile? Also what is the better metal.... Stainless or Aluminum? Also what is the downfalls of the rod holders you have owned in the past? ...so we'll know what to stay away from.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Hi-tekstuff rod holders. They can be adjusted at any angle and the entire T-bar can also be swiveled to any direction. I spent some time looking at each of the rod holders and all of them seem to be missing just one thing but these. If I'm spider rigging I like for my rod tips to be a lil over a foot off the water, If I'm drift fishing I like for my rods to be at a 45 degree angle pointing up and If I'm trolling I like to stagger them. That may not be the right way but that's what works for me.
    1995 Skeeter ss90, Force 90hp, Motorguide Pro Series 5200, Lowrance 520c, Humminbird 565, Hi-Tek Rod Holders
    www.myspace.com/daltreypark

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i like my home made . fulley ajustable

retired and now i will always fish

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder Angle

If you are going to use a T-bar on your boat for multiple rod holders, then I suggest a round bar. A round bar with a clamp syle base such as the one here from Driftmaster allows you to adjust the angle of your rod holder with the turn of a wing nut. If your boat has a rail on it and you want single rod holders then again I suggest the same clamps. This makes it very quick and simple to adjust the angle and direction of the rod holder. Check them out on my website www.ExtremeFishingConcepts.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Yadkin Guide; 03-30-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    If you are going to use a T-bar on your boat for multiple rod holders, then I suggest a round bar. A round bar with a clamp syle base such as the one here from Driftmaster allows you to adjust the angle of your rod holder with the turn of a wing nut. If your boat has a rail on it and you want single rod holders then again I suggest the same clamps. This makes it very quick and simple to adjust the angle and direction of the rod holder.
    Ditto , I'm impressed with the quality and adjustability of the Driftmaster round bar .Excellent setup for spider rigging .

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Tite-lok holders. They are aluminum and adjustable. They get knocked on here quite a bit, but with the new style bolts in them they are great holders, at a reasonable cost. No holes to drill to mount, just three screws per side. I messed with the new style bolts Friday on another boat I rigged for a guy, they seem to be what the earlier holders were lacking. The new management is trying hard to make sure all customers are pleased, there is another thread on here about all of that. www.titelok.com

Post Thanks / Like

The best rod holder on the market is the Driftmaster style. I personally use the 250 model T bar with the gunslinger holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the HITEK's I just got mine on friday and used them all weekend and they are by far the best I have used. Very easy to install and adjust. As for the TITELOKS they are TERRIBLE and an absolute waste of money unless you need something to do all day like mess with your junk rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I am different, but I like Bee Ready as I didn't want any drilled holes and wanted to be able to move them around if I wanted. I have one that attach's to my pedestal and is very well made and work great.

They also have them to bolt on or attach most any way you want. Had some of the others mentioned, but I like the ones I have best.

They even make one for a 5 gallon bucket, LOL!

Skip

Oh yeah and the rod angle is adjustable with a grommet that let you do just that.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!