Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To: NOODLE or not to NOODLE:

Post Thanks / Like

Talking To: NOODLE or not to NOODLE:

What's your view? Have you ever? :rolleyes: Thats what i'm talking about for catfish. Thought i'd post it then reply. There's no way I'm Going to stick my arm up in under a bank or in a hole where i can't see. Tooooo many snakes ,beavers, otters, turtles, & monster cats. and no telling what else. yall have a goodun.LOL. HEY GUYS I DIDN'T MEAN TO TURN THIS SITE INTO CATFISH.COM HAHA. :D
    Last edited by CrappieLips; 04-11-2005 at 09:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about noodleing for catfish?
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the same thing as hand grabbin

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love to get down and dirty in mother nature...I'd have to pass on the noodling. Unless I could get some gloves that would withstand the bite of the various creatures that could take a finger off. It looks like a ton of fun. On second thought I might give it a try if the opportunity ever presents itself. But no way I would make a living out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll watch when you noodle, but I am not sticking my hand where some snapping turtle may remove 2 or 3 fingers. Not to mention several other animals.

So for me it is not to noodle! Never!!!!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    What's your view? Have you ever? :rolleyes:
    I haven't yet, and I am not sure that I will....if you would have caught me a few years ago I might have.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

No way, No how, No Sir, Nuh uh
    I'll come with Skip to watch you do it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhodges
    No way, No how, No Sir, Nuh uh
    I'll come with Skip to watch you do it though.
    Oh heck yeah...I will watch all day long....probably even take some pictures!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt think of doing it in any natural cover but I do have 7 or 8 boxes out for them in my home lake. Its not to bad in the crystal clear water. I go down with a mask and fins on and I can see in the box to make sure that there are no snappers and snakes before I go sticking my hand in. You can actually just stick your hand by the opening and wave it like a bream swimming and they will just slam it thinking its a bream on a egg hunt then you got em.
    I know that I will probably get kicked off crappie.com for this but I do enjoy a fine peice of flathead as well as a crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieLips,
    I guess you are talking about catfish.I used to go after large flathead cats in the spring.I allways used rod and reel to catch these monsters. Theres nothing more exciting than having a 40 pound plus fish that pulls like a truck on the end of your line.
    These guys that noodle for them have there right to catch these fish with this method, which is fine with me, but a large percentage of them don't play by the rules and regs.This method of fishing is a little to effective. These guys can rape a small river of these monster breading females in a hurry. Anybody who disagrees with this has not seen it happen. I have, and thats the reason I don't even catfish anymore. I have a few friends that use this method and they only keep what they need. They do try to catch the monsters, then they take a picture and let her go. There biggist to date is 68 pounds, what a fish!
    Biguns only:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast