Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Interest in hunting, fishing dropping

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interest in hunting, fishing dropping

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080329/...ting_s_decline

Not here at Crappie.com it isn't. This group is an example of what should be happening elsewhere. Parents taking their kids fishing, husbands and wives fishing together, and just a general love and rabid devotion to crappie fishing and the outdoors in general. Good job everyone.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

i know what you mean
    but here in wv and the tri state area its really on the rise from what i can tell the all the bait shops are expanding and saying its better now than it has been in the years past for sales so hopefully that means we will be seeing more people on the water

but yes this site is great everyone is really helpful and nice like a big family kinda its really a great place so keep up the great work all
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Grizz. I have a 15 year old nephew (no dad) that loves to play video games. I am making it a goal this year to get him out fishing with me every chance I get. No gameboys, PSPs, or cell phones allowed. I didn't get video games for Christmas! I got a fishing pole and maybe a tackle box with some tackle. Half of the kids I grew up with are dead or in jail 20 years later. I am thankful I had fishing and a love for the outdoors. It kept me out of a lot of of trouble or I might have been one of those other kids!
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with everyone here i live in western west virginia and if anything the amount of people fishing and hunting are growing at a rapid pace. it is hard for someone in my area who is just starting out to even find a good boat to bye, no one wants to sell them. i surly don't know where they get their information
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I think the article is right on. Kids overall, don't seem to have the passion for the outdoors like when I grew up. I was talking to my lifetime friend this afternoon, while we were out getting some slabs, about how lucky we were to grow up when we did. No video games, no urban sprawl, no worry about abductions, no worry about child molesters around every corner....different time today. those of us over 40 need to be very thankful...I think we had it alot better. My 2 cents.
    Duane