Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Wally are you listening?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Wally are you listening?????

How about you starting a "real" crappie fishing T.V. show with a format like your videos...We need some primetime entertainment- instruction....Tknight
    The limit is how many you KEEP, not how many you CATCH! Cat. III Jigs/Custom Jig Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazyboutcrappie View Post
    How about you starting a "real" crappie fishing T.V. show with a format like your videos...We need some primetime entertainment- instruction....Tknight
    AMEN, I am tired of watching Gold digging, and bass fishing on the outdoor channel.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

i dont even understand why they have bass shows.. do people really need to learn how to catch them?

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if we had a show where they go to public lakes and show you how to catchum. Most shows go to private or non pressure lakes...like fish in a barrel:D

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    AMEN, I am tired of watching Gold digging, and bass fishing on the outdoor channel.
    That is the dang truth!CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

the still panning for gold...GOLD GOLD FEVER FEVER...That's one of the main reasons I went with a company who DOESN'T carry the ODC. They are terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

You would think as many people that fish for crappie that we could support one TV show huh?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

No fishing show exists without sponsors. A crappie fishing show would need several sponsors with deep pockets.

I'm not holding my breath.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    No fishing show exists without sponsors. A crappie fishing show would need several sponsors with deep pockets.

I'm not holding my breath.
    That is true that Bass torneys keep bass fish a main staple on the OC( everybody wants to be the next Kevin Van Damm sp?), but you would think that with Crappie(panfish) being the most popular fish to catch that there would be more run on T.V.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    but you would think that with Crappie(panfish) being the most popular fish to catch that there would be more run on T.V.
    I think the number of crappie/bluegill/catfish anglers dwarfs the number of bass fishermen in the country. However, because C/B/C fishing tends to be much more live bait-oriented and because the tackle used tends to be much less expensive, it's not the kind of fishing that advertisers flock to.

Fly fishing is a small niche in the angling world, but you'd never know it by the amount of TV time it gets. The "expensive tackle" angle is the only reason I can think of to explain this. The FF shows focus on trout and saltwater because its those fishermen who are buying $600 graphite rods and $2,000 bamboo rods.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 03-30-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast