Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin\Lower End

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin\Lower End

I hear they are catching a lot of shallow water crappie on the upper end of Logan Martin, but I took some cub scouts camping and crappie fishing on the lower end this weekend and couldn't find any shallow water concentrations. Surface water temperatures were 65 on the main lake and up to 75 in Rabbit Branch, Clear Creek and smaller coves on the lower end, but we found no shallow spawning action. The few crappie we caught shallow were all males and were very scattered. Reports from lower end dock owners were consistent with our experience--the crappie haven't move shallow yet. I'm taking some more cub scouts out next weekend and am considering relocating further up the lake, but our camp site is on the lower end and I don't know much about the upper end.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine & his wife went yesterday up at riverside.They got some slab's as big as I've seen in years.said they was in about 4' of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I fished my bros dock in Rabbit Branch for about an hour Sunday morning, and caught 11 fish off the same piece of structure. I was throwing stumpjumpers, and water depth about 6 ft. Mostly 10-11 inch males, but one female over 1 1/2. I don't know if it's weird weather or what, because most of the fish I've caught there during the last month were females.

I didn't catch a fish anywhere else around the docks, though I got a few short bites, and none of the boats fishing near me caught anything. They were all concentrated on one tree.
    Last edited by lmc; 04-11-2005 at 07:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default east central alabama

it's apparent that the fish are not in the shallows yet, still taking them out of 28 feet of water here in east central alabama, west central georgia.

Post Thanks / Like

can someone tell me how to getto rabbit branch. I normally launch at the Town and Country store. I get my minnows and gas there.
    Hey where's my float.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Logan Martin/Lower End

Fished Rabbit Branch last Friday and caught 22 crappie with one going 2lbs. 4 oz. They were still holding along the creek channel waiting for the water to settle I guess. Took the wife Saturday and we caught 56 with 4 fish between 1 1/2 and 2 1/4 . We spider rigged out in the creek away from the piers.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rev.
    can someone tell me how to getto rabbit branch. I normally launch at the Town and Country store. I get my minnows and gas there.
    If you're driving south on 231 continue past Town & Country. When you see Fat Man's BBQ on the right, turn left onto Rabbit Branch road. Rabbit Branch marina is just up the road on the right. (They don't have minnows.)

If you're on the water it's three miles from the dam on the right.