Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why chartreuse ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why chartreuse ?

I went into the bait shop today to get some minnows. I ask the shop keep
    if anyone ever gets the purple jigs. He said about all he sales is chartreuse. Wht is it about chartreuse that works.
    thanks
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FIN View Post
    if anyone ever gets the purple jigs. He said about all he sales is chartreuse. Wht is it about chartreuse that works.
    thanks
    FIN
    Just because it does and always has. I mean other colors work and work well, but that is the safest bet to catch crappie.

I use Silver/Blue/White a lot and it is very good and I just got the Silver UV stuff you see in my pic in my Sig and it worked well yesterday. I figured it would since I know Blue/White is so good.

I find most fish I try to catch like that color including Black Bass of all kinds.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fin ....

Quote Originally Posted by FIN View Post
    thanks
    FIN
    that's a good question !! I'm not sure why Chartreuse alone works, unless it's just easier for them to see, so it gets their attention. But, in combination with other colors, it affords a great contrast to that color, again ... making it easier for the Crappie to see (Crappie are, after all, sight feeders .. for the most part). Color wise, it doesn't represent anything naturally occuring.
    I don't know "why" they seem to like it, over other colors, I just know that they do ... and that's why I use it, on almost every bait I throw

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

IMO it's the best seller because most people use it most of the time. If they had another color in the water that often, they'd catch fish on it, too. If crappie sat around waiting on odd color minnows, shad, and baby bream to eat, they'd be waiting a good while... That's not to say I don't use and have a lot of confidence in chartreuse though. :D
    Just my .02.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard bass guys say that you can any color skirt on a spinnerbait, as long as it's white or chartruese. Some colors just work in certain applications. Glad Crappie get a little color selective sometimes, makes life interesting.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished salt waterand freesh water from Florida to Ohio and canada. Bas and crappie and everything between. Three colors you want in your box is white. black and Chartreuse. Dont have an anaser to why, but you can count on it. You will always do good with a bait you have confidence with. If you fish it long enough i n the right places you will catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

After a certain depth its the only color that is visible.
    joshua

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chartreuse has a track record! It works very well for Crappies. Chartreuse and any other color is a winner.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuasoileau View Post
    After a certain depth its the only color that is visible.
    I believe that depths around 300-500 feet. And you can still see the lure, it just doesn't show up as chartreuse. It's more of a grey-blue. Just FYI.

Post Thanks / Like

watch fry in the water...especially perch...their bodies especially tails have a chartreuse irridescence..and as Smoothlures said green-blue hue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast