Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default help with fish finder

recently purchased an eagle fish easy 2 port. having trouble setting up transducer so it will identify fish. adjusted it a hundred times to no avail. anyone else ever had this problem? an advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi:

I can try to help but I would need more detailed information. Like where are you mounting it on your boat. On the transom below the water line or on the trolling motor or though the hull. That can make a big difference.

I may be going for a new humminbird depth finder someday and then I will have to install a new trasducer on my boat. I want one for the transom on the back of my boat for high speed operations so I don't run into a shallow water stump bed accidently and then I want another transducer that will attached to my Minn-Kota Trolling more.

Let me know what type of transducer you have. Some unit (Humminbird Matrix 47D will go into simulation mode automatically if the transducer is not attached or defective.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

moose i have a bobcat boat go to bobcatboats.com and you can see what it looks like the transducer is a suction cup mount and i put it at the back of the boat right behind the motor. i consider getting either a trolling motor mount or shoot trhough hull trans. i am just getting kinda aggrevated with it. just dont know what i what to do with it. thought about taking it back but thought i would find out if any one else has any other ideas thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default got this figured out maybe now

Right behind the motor is the key here. Move that sucker over away from the motor. You should mount the transducer at least 15" away from the motor.

Right behind the motor there is a lot of air bubbles and turbulenet water. Move the transducer over toward the edge of the back of the transom where the water flow is smooth. Make sure that you don't go too fast as that will create turbluence. Go slow at first with the boat and after your try a few new spots see if the thing does not work better. Also is the cord being stressed by the water flow? The cord that connects to the transducer and then to the unit's display. Once you get a good spot you may want to fix the cord close to the transom so that water does not tear at it. Duck tape can hold that cord against the boat transom surface and keep it from being pulled.

Not sure what type of transducer you have or the way it's held in place but that could be a problem. Those portable depth finders are made for small boats and ice fishermen who walk out on the ice and cut holes in the ice to fish though.

I'lll go check out that web site and see what I can learn.

Quote Originally Posted by speediib
    moose i have a bobcat boat go to bobcatboats.com and you can see what it looks like the transducer is a suction cup mount and i put it at the back of the boat right behind the motor. i consider getting either a trolling motor mount or shoot trhough hull trans. i am just getting kinda aggrevated with it. just dont know what i what to do with it. thought about taking it back but thought i would find out if any one else has any other ideas thanks
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

OK I saw the bobcat boats site and see that they use electric trolling motors. I would recommend that you get a trolling motor mount for your transducer and mount the transducer either right under the trolling motor or to the side of the trolling motor. If that is not an option then move the portable transducer away from the trolling motor so that it's out of the prop wash.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

recently purchased an eagle fish easy 2 port. having trouble setting up transducer so it will identify fish. adjusted it a hundred times to no avail. anyone else ever had this problem? an advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Speed:

Are you sure your "Fish ID" or whatever it is called on that unit is turned on? It may have an adjustment for the sensitivity of the Fish ID too (besides the regular sensitivy adjustment).

Just a thought.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes The Fish Id Is On I Also Tried It With It Off And Look Ed For The Arches The Signify A Fish I Will Have To Check On The Sensitivity For It But If It Does I Havent Noticed It Yet. Think I Am Gonna Try A Trolling Motor Mount And See If That Helps Any

Post Thanks / Like

Unless I missed it, I didn't see anywhere in the above messages where you say you are seeing the bottom, but are just not marking any fish. Is it showing the bottom?

Post Thanks / Like

everything else is working properly except for marking fish as far as i can tell

Post Thanks / Like

So it's working ok and showing the bottom but not showing fish inbetween the surface and the bottom. If that is the case then I think that Jerry said to turn on the fish alarm or I am saying that now. Check the sensitivty level and see if it's set up right. Auto sensitivity or a medium setting should show fish if the sound waves are directed straight down and if it's showing the bottom then that is the case.

Do you see structure like submerged tree limbs in deeper water?
    everything else is working properly except for marking fish as far as i can tell
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast