Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Marsh Creek - 4/9

BadCujo Guest

Default Marsh Creek - 4/9

Been fishing since I was 5. I am now 50. First time fishing for crappie. BOY have I missed some FUN fishing. Watched a pro for ten minutes, Asked a few questions..... Got some tips.... rigged up........ 2 hours later
    ..... 35 @ 10+ inches...... 3 of them were pushing 12.
    I was running a white Trout Magnet 8" to 12" under bobber. Trick was 3 seconds of twitching 3 seconds of wait. They said I missesd the early bite. Most of mine were between 12 - 2pm

I'm hooked..... No pun intended......

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Crappie.com and the Pa boards. My main lake is Shenango. Haven't had a chance to get out yet this year, but very soon. Glad you enjoyed your first day out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marsh Creek

I just got home from my outing this morning that started at 3:45. The fishing has really turned on in the past couple of days. Caught about 15 crappie , 7 in which were keepers. ( I have pics, but I'm just learning how to post them, I just got my dig. camera last week.) Two guys next to me caught 2 nice 15 inchers, and my largerst went about 10.50". See ya on the water

Fisherlady Guest

Default Marsh Creek beginner

Hey BadCujo,

I am new to the area and decided to get back into fishing after years of not having time. I am close to Marsh Creek and started to check it out early this morning. Any hot spots, tips and tricks you can pass my way would surely be appreciated. I love the taste of Crappie so they are my main focus but I also like Walleye.

If ever you are looking for company on an outing let me know, I would be happy for the company.

Karen

BadCujo Guest

Wink Fisherlady

Welcome back to fishing. I've only fished Marsh Creek 1 time, so I'm probably not the best for info on tips and techniques. Your best bet is to do what I did. Stop by the bait shop (Gordons I think), they were great!. They put me on the right jigs, and even though it was very busy that morning, took the time to show me on the map different areas to focus on. Also, the local (Sharpies) seem to go out of there way to answer questions about techniques, and one even gave me a special jig that he makes to try. It worked great. I plan to be fishing there quite often this season, so I hope to see you there.

Tight Lines,
    BadCujo