Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital Cameras?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Digital Cameras?

OK -I NEED SOME HELP HERE! I WANT TO BUY A CAMERA TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES WITH AN HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO LOOK FOR!!WENT TO E-BAY...LOL!JUST CONFUSED ME MORE!I NEED SOMETHING RELATIVLY SIMPLE AN DONT WANT TO SPEND A ARM & LEG.WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR.THIS IS ALL PRETTY CONFUSING WHEN YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP AN GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default A real goodie

Dennis, you get what you pay for, mine was not cheap, but I would not trade it for another, for two reasons. I have had it for a couple of years, and it is much improved now, if they still make it. I know shortly after I bought mine they gave it the ability to do short movies. It is the "SONY" digital "MAVICA", and the two thing great about it is it is cheap and easy to take many pictures. This is due to the fact that you use regular 2HD 1.44 formatted 3.5" diskettes instead of expensive cards and other devises. The disketts are cheap, you can carry as many of them with you as you want, can put a heii'uva lot of pictures on each diskett, and then get home eject the disk from your camera, stick it in your computer, and look at, save, email, post, or print your pictures. Then either store the disket, or reformat it and start over. the camera can even delete pic's off the disk, or reformat it. I have sold much stuff on ebay, and posted many pictures, which is all I used my "MAVICA" for for a long time. But then on vacation, or family gatherings I could take all of the pictures I wanted, on cheap diskets, when others run out of film, ot card space. I highly reccomend you lopok into one of these (if they still make it).

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis you just think your confused now! LOL... All you need is a camera with video in and video out. There are only a few older ones that have it and most are cam corders with a still mode. I bought a sony TRV460 last year just for recording video of fish. You should be able to pick it up at a pawn shop for a fairly reasonable price. It has a memory stick so you can record still pics as well as video. I have always stuck with Sony in the new digital age and have never been let down, so I really didn't look at any other cameras, but there are other out there that will do the same thing. You might want to take your underwater camera down to a pawn shop (if you decide on that route), and see which cameras will be compatable. If nothing else, it will help you decide on which one to purchase.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis, first off I agree 100% with Lakeman in as much you get what you pay for. However, I did not want to spend a lot of money for something I was going to keep on the boat and in my tackle box for obvious reasons. I did a lot of research and wound up with a Nikon 2.0 Coolpix 2200. I was around $125 and is about as simple to use as you will find. It serves my purpose for fishing just fine and as a plus, it has more zoom than most cameras. But if you want it to also take family portraits, I wouldn't recommend it. For just snapshots, its great.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Great Fisherman's Digital Camera

I did a lot of research last December for a digital camera that was waterproof, small, rugged and took quality pictures. The waterproof requirement eliminated all but a couple of cameras. The other requirements narrowed the list of possibles to two, one of which was not available in the U.S. and didn't look as good as the one I chose anyway. The bottom line is that I bought aa Pentax Optio 43WR and am totally pleased with it. It fits in my pocket, is warranted against submersion in a meter of water for 30 minutes, takes great photos and has long bettery life. It is a 4 megapixel camera, which means all the resolution you need and has every special feature I can imagine using plus more. It was not widely available but I got one from an online store for about $300. But for the waterproof factor, there were a lot of good choices for less money, but for a fisherman the waterproof feature is worth a lot and I consider it essential. Email me for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking My first one

My first one that I bought, only cost me $89.00 (it was an "AGFA"), and it was an expensive lesson. Since I have used the "SONY MAVICA" for many things, but when I bought the "AGFA", I only wanted one to post pictures on ebay of a lot of collectable items I wanted to sell, well it was cheap ($89.00), but useless, as I could not get a good enough detailed picture to show my item, in a matter that it would sell, plus it would only hold 20 pictures, on any one outing, or occaision, then had to be plugged into the computer, and downloaded before it could be used again, plus it burned up batteries very fast. So then I bought the "SONY MAVICA" ($399.00), and I have never been sorry. I do not have to purchase expensive cards, or memory sticks, as it uses the disketts, that hold a lot of pictures, and are real cheap (plus I had a lot of them from my older computers, that did not use CD's, plus it has a more than adequate rechargeable battery.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Lakeman about the Sony Mavica. It is simple to use and the floppy it uses makes it simple to download. Simply take it out and pop it into the floppy drive in your computer. On my computer it is in A drive and ready to read.

I've owned two of them, the first in 1998 when they were still a little pricey. I bought another just last year at Best Buy for only $249. It was a demo model, but had the full warranty.

The only draw back to the Mavica is it's size (there are smaller, shirt pocket cameras now) and it is only 1.2 megapixels which means while it is great for selling on eBay and downloading photos to sites, and makes decent 4x6 and 5x7 prints, there are other cameras that will provide much sharper photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    OK -I NEED SOME HELP HERE! I WANT TO BUY A CAMERA TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES WITH AN HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO LOOK FOR!!WENT TO E-BAY...LOL!JUST CONFUSED ME MORE!I NEED SOMETHING RELATIVLY SIMPLE AN DONT WANT TO SPEND A ARM & LEG.WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR.THIS IS ALL PRETTY CONFUSING WHEN YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP AN GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!DENNIS
    Hi, Dennis.....Like you, I wanted something I didn't have to go in debt for but would make a good all around camera. I researched cameras for two months, and finally came up with the Kodak cx7330/3.1 MP. It has the highest customer satisfaction in photo quality, simplicity, and ease of use. If you would like to see the photos, look on the LA board under the threads "Neighbor's Catch.... Photos" and "speediib." Both of the groups of pics were taken on the lowest quality setting and are still great pics. Check it out. Also, you may want to go to www.circuitcity.com and see if they currently have them on sale. I paid just under $150.00 after rebate with a 150 mb card, rechargeable batteries, and the charger. It also comes with a "usb port to camera" wire to load your pics to your 'puter.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can even get one anymore ...skip the Evision Megapro too , it works but that's about it , burns up the batteries very quickly and only holds about 18 pics .

I got it through the AOL Store , and lets just say my internet provider hosed me !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I use a Sony camcorder that firewires right into my Sony computer that came with all of the software to edit pictures and video. But, an outfit like mine would set you back around $3000. It is worth it to me as I do alot of video taping of my hunting dogs and folks seem to want my hunting dog videos.
    I am going to post a picture I took today with my $40 Sipex digital camera. It came with software and a USB connector to hook right into my computer. It will even do small video clips. It doesn't take near as good of pictures as my camcorder but for $40, it was money well spent. It is about the size of a matchbook and runs off of a AAA battery. I edited this picture but you can see it does a nice job. My fishing buddy, Quickfire67 caught these fish today. The one he is holding is 12&1/2" long. He had a HUGE one on but tried to lift him in the boat with his pole instead of lipping him or netting him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast