Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spawn.....here, near, or already came / gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawn.....here, near, or already came / gone?

Has the crappie spawned, or getting ready to spawn in your home town waters? Several of the places around southeast Mo have females plum full of eggs but not spawned yet, if the weather / temps. get right they will be hot to trot. I just finished cleaning 32 head of crappie, bet 29 was full of eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Around my neck of the woods, they are waiting for the right day. Like you said, the ones that are being caught are full of eggs and still haven't moved into the shallows. Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great mess of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Same Here On The Hollow--their Ready To Bust!!catchin A Few Shallow. The Main Bulk Are Just Waiting!! Good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here in N. La. some have already spawned. They usaually have about 2 -3 weeks of spawning in the lake I fish. Been 3 afternoons this week after work and have done pretty well. Most are caught just off the banks in 2 - 3 ft water and then just about 30 minutes before and after dark they have been moving to the banks with the bigger slabs being caught. Caught 25 yesterday, 12 of them in the 1 3/4 - 2 lb. range with the rest just average fish. There is so much fishing pressure during the day it has been hard to find them in close. When I left for work at 6 this morning there was boats lines up for 100 yards waiting to put in. Looks like I'll have to wait till weekend is over to fish. LOL . No I'll be right in there with them this afternoon and tommorrow. Good luck to all.

Post Thanks / Like

THE SPAWN IS ON HERE AT KENTUCKY LAKE. It's shoulder to shoulder on the banks. Even Grandma with a cane pole and a minner is catchin" fish!
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Not here yet in my area. Very close but not yet. Females are ready to bust. Water still a little to cold.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Water temps here in Ohio are still in the fiifties, so it will be a while yet, thoguh we've heard some people are picking up a few prespawn crappie. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

The females have moved into the shallows. We are getting a heavy front (Low) coming though with thunderstorms the next couple of days. Hopefully this will delay them until later in the week. I sure want to get back on those beds I found Sunday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Default spawn

Thanks for the reports, i fished Reelfoot lake Sun., buddy of mine fished it Sat., nothing to really brag on, Sat. was terrible. The Spawn hasn't started there yet but very close. Same in all the other lakes / pits i fish as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Lum:

Crappie here where I live 38.00.00 latitude are getting ready to spawn. They are full of ripe eggs and coming into the shallows. Caught many crappie this week and all the females were full of eggs. Yesterday (Sun April 10th 2005 the female's eggs appeared to be ripe. Some were extuding from the females and could be seen externally. I saw that this week they will lay their eggs and start the next generation. But we are putting the hurt on them here.

I brought home 20 something Saturday evening. I had about 15 the week before and broght home six last night. Yesterday fishing in the wind was tough. I ened up finally reluctantly throwing out the anchor to save the trolling motor battery. I don't do that very often
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast