Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weiss fishing report

knobhoosier Guest

Default Weiss fishing report

Hey all,
    I am headed down to Weiss on the 10th-16th. Any word on how the crappie bite is right now? I am assuming that the recent severe weather has kept the fish from moving up to the docks at this point?
    We are staying in the Bay Springs area. Would appreciate any updates on the crappie bite.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

This is not a shameless plug for a guide, just a recent report for where you are headed.

http://www.hotspotfishing.com/public...eport-1287.asp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss Lake Crappie

Hey Knobhoosier,

Four of my fishing buddies just got back from Weiss this week. They stayed at Pruett's on Cowen Creek right at the bridge. They fished Cowen and Spring Creek and brought home 268 crappie. The found them in shallow and fished tube jigs 12-18 inches below a float. They casted to the laydowns and stick-ups and brought the jigs back to the boat very slow. They didn't use minnows at all.. They left a day early to get out of the storms. Can't tell you what the weather did to the shallow water crappie, but this is what they did right before. Hope this helps..

knobhoosier Guest

Thumbs up

Sounds like they did better than us for sure! We arrived on Sunday the 10th and had a good day, also good on Monday, with 72.9 degree water temp. Then the cold front came in with clouds, wind and some light hail. Dropped water temp to 60.9 degrees. Needless to say...the crappie bite stopped all together! Got warm again on Thursday and Friday and we did well again. Ended up catching 212 keepers with probably 350 short fish mostly on jigs shooting under docks, and some on minnows. As usual, this week is the week to be at Weiss!!! I'm always a week late or a week early!
    Wish I had another week off...I think this week will be really good.
    But hey...it still beat workin!!!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Larry C
    Hey Knobhoosier,

Four of my fishing buddies just got back from Weiss this week. They stayed at Pruett's on Cowen Creek right at the bridge. They fished Cowen and Spring Creek and brought home 268 crappie. The found them in shallow and fished tube jigs 12-18 inches below a float. They casted to the laydowns and stick-ups and brought the jigs back to the boat very slow. They didn't use minnows at all.. They left a day early to get out of the storms. Can't tell you what the weather did to the shallow water crappie, but this is what they did right before. Hope this helps..