Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anchorpuller...My Friend..

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Anchorpuller...My Friend..

I was not going to make this post...But I think that all of crappie.com should know how wonderful anchorpuller really is...I have never met ap in person (yet) But I will be meeting her next week...If my health allows..This is the story...

This is the message....

Just needed someone to vent to...Hope you don't mind...You know all about my health...And me being in a wheelchair now and all that...Well I can get outside but I can't go anywhere because I don't have a carrier on my car for my wheelchair..They cost 300 dollars..Which I don't have..I only draw 600 a month disability check...Anyway...I have always given freely to the United Way for years...And a lot of other charities around here..So I have been calling around trying to find someone that may be able to help get me a carrier for my car..No one is willing to help me..I can't believe it..I was even asked if I was of Spanish decent...Because they had special funds to help them...Can you believe that!!!!! Special funds for them!!!!! I am an American...Born and raised...And they will not help me...But has special funds for them!!!!...What has this country come to?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    She immediately wrote me back..What kind of wheelchair do you have?
    Do you have a hitch? She never told me why she was asking all these questions...

She had bought her dad an electric lift a couple years ago..He never used it..She called her dad and ask if she could have it..To give to me..He said yes..She drove down to her dad's to get the lift and it is now at her home...Waiting on next week to be picked up...
    You just don't hear about these things anymore..Anchorpuller ..You will never know what this means to me...I will be able to go out again..And not sit in this house all the time..I thank you for that..

I was about to give up on people...For months I tried to find someone to help me...No one would...Before I had to retire I always gave freely to a lot of charities...I was always the giver...But now I am on the receiving end...I now know how some of the people I've helped out over the years feel...Anchorpuller ..You are one of a kind...And I'm proud to be able to call you my friend..

Well ..That's my story...I hope all of you think AP.is pretty wonderful too...

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right CQ...Laura is first class all the way...We need more folks like her. Look at the pictures of her kids....Happiness....It spills over...

Take care and get better...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Ms Laura has held a special place in alot of our hearts for years! She's a special lady and one that should be treasured as a friend! I'm glad she was able to help you. God bless you both!

Skipper
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

You know there are Angels in flesh on this earth. She has proven that. WTG
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Laura is a great person! The fact alone that she made the offer in a p.m. vs. broadcasting it shows her sincerity. Perhaps the weather will allow her to take you out for a short crappie trip while you are there. This is exactly what this forum can do when the situation calls. I wish you the best CQ! God Bless you Laura for being there for her!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Other than this site I have never meet either of you but I have learned over the last few years that both of your are beautiful people. God holds a special place for you. Please get well soon.

Now that CQ is mobile maybe some of you guys in NC can arrange a fishing trip for her.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good job anchorpuller.......it just goes to show how big some peoples hearts really are.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing crappiequeen in the world we live in today it just makes you feel better to hear the good side of people good job anchor
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

The world needs more people like her.
    Wish we had been told. I know all of use on here could have raised that for one. Don't give up theres always good people out there. That will help if they know what is needed.
    Our Daughter in law 28 years old Had cancer last summer and I was down in a wheel chair also. But we had a fund raiser for her. and raised $13,900 in one day. Theres always people that will help.
    Good luck and glad your going to be able to get out and about.
    Pete

P.S> Anchor puller thanks for thinking of others.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is MY pleasure. It thrills me to think that I could do something for you, CQ.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast