Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jonathan Creek Boat Ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jonathan Creek Boat Ramps

Are there any public boat ramps near Jonathan Creek in Ky Lake?

If not, where is a pay ramp with good parking?

Thanks in Advance. This is a great forum.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres a pay launch at Lakeside Marina and campground and the public launch is right across the street.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You.

FishHuntAlways Guest

There's a good ramp at the Sportsman marine. They charge $3.00 I think, a safe place to launch from. You can launch right at the bridge free on a state ramp but watch the wind. I was told there have been a few boats swamped launching and loading up there, the wind can be a real bear there it's on a point like. There is another state launch way in the back of Johnsons creek. You launch in a small creek and it's a long run back to the bridge, but a lot of people fish right there in that creek and the shallow water back in that bay. BUT WATCH it it was real shallow last time I was there a couple years ago ,guys were wade fishing back in there. If you want to fish the upper part of Johnsons Creek near the bridge spend the couple bucks and launch at sportsmans. They sell bait and gas and a few food items. Plus you truck is safer than being in a open ramp. I will be down there April 25-28 to try again. Good Luck
    Charlie

dummydelbert Guest

Default jonathan creek boat ramps reply

There is another free ramp at Town & Country Resort on Jonathan Creek. The turn is to the left about 1 mile after crossing the J. Creek bridge eastbound on U.S. 68. Look for the signs.

This ramp is somewhat protected from the wind and is usually a little less crowded than Sportsman's. They do have minnows but the store and resort in general are not as nice as Sportsman's.

crappie ken Guest

Default boat docks

i like the boatdocks at the sportsman lodge also ,we stay for a week,coveres,has lockers,electric at each slip,and a nice fish cleaning area