Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do high gas prices affect your fishing destinations ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do high gas prices affect your fishing destinations ?

Most of the better Crappie fishing destinations are an hour or so away from where I live . I spent $100 in gas last week for the truck ,and another $20 in the boat .
    I hate to spend that much on gas , so I have been fishing closer to home . I'm running a small outboard , so the boat doesn't use that much . I have put off two trips this past week to keep my fuel costs down .

Post Thanks / Like

You need a friend to help with the gas. then you can go twice as much.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lamplighter View Post
    You need a friend to help with the gas. then you can go twice as much.
    I take my wife and spend "her" money . :D

Post Thanks / Like

Very much so. Gas prices are bad, but diesel fuel for my truck is worse $4 to $4.109 now. That hurts. Gonna stick close to home...got to.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

The cost of gas is killing me, but I'm trying not to let it screw up my spring fishing... leaving in the morning to drive from St.Louis to lake Texoma - figuring it'll be $120 in gas each way, plus what my 2-stroke eats during the 4 days there :-(

But catching TX crappie with the whole family during easter weekend = priceless !
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

high winds affect me more than high gas prices...But I do think it's price fixing and I do think the Feds should step in and regulate the price of REGULAR UNLEADED. The as companies can charge what they want for the other 2 grades. But I thought the feds had some anti-trust laws and the like to keep one or a couple of companies from price fisxing...If so, how is it shell charges the same as chevron as Exxon does for a gallon of gas at the pump. All different companies with their OWN plants and refi., yet when the gas gets to the pump it's the same price to the cent? COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The high cost of fuel will limit me and KetchinKatie the Panfish Princess to just 1 trip a week, well maybe 2
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Your absolutely right gas will affect my trips. Two good lakes are at least 100 miles from home. One lake I will make a trip or 2 because I have promised friends I will take them there so I know I'll get some help there. The other lake is out, plus there ain't much water in it so I'm sticking to closer lakes or not going at all. These gas prices are ridiculus and the only way I see fit to fight is park the vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to hurt me also. I am going to fish closer to home and only take a couple of trips this year. The problem is I don't think gas prices will drop below $3 anymore (If so then for a very short time), so we will have this problem for a long time. I guess I can get the wife to work a second job for I can take these trips. :D:D:D
    Sometimes You're the Windshield... Sometimes You're the Bug!

Post Thanks / Like

It used to cost me $2 to fill up my ATV, it was $10 the other day. Milk and bread were $6...This is starting to get sickening. I got the fresh veggies bout to sprout out back. Park the cars, ride the ATV to the store, work, etc., eat more fish, just get the feeling that something is about to burst...Fed is doing things they hadn't done sine 1920's...Something weird is going on I just hope we all don't end up in a soup line.

The fastest way to save the economy is REGULATE the PRICE OF REGULAR GAS TO $1 a gallon and watch the other spending TAKE OFF LIKE A ROCKET, but at $4 a gallon, we can't and WON'T spend on other stuff. All the President is doing is letting his buddy's get rich at the expense OF AMERICA. Duhhhh...All of the $$$ in the economy is being taken up by the Oil Companies causing trickle down issues in other sectors. Get this gas crap under control and the rest will follow. Cut the Head off the snake and what happens?
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-18-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast