Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Douglas Lake Crappie Report...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Douglas Lake Crappie Report...

Went out yesterday under bluebird skies and temps in the upper 70s...trolled with crankbaits for awhile...no luck...finally found them in the shallows (7-12 ft) hitting curly-tailed chartruese grubs...fish the gravel banks along the north side of Flat Creek...just look for the boats...on the way back to the landing, pulled a few out of cover along the banks with the same jig...good luck!

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

bushrod
    Did you catch them trolling with grub? also have you noticed that the crappie population on douglas and cherokeeseems to be down this year.what crappie i have been catching has been big not many being caught under 10''
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by speck chaser
    bushrod
    Did you catch them trolling with grub? also have you noticed that the crappie population on douglas and cherokeeseems to be down this year.what crappie i have been catching has been big not many being caught under 10''

Yep...got 'em trolling/casting with ultralight gear...the first was a nice 12-inch Black Crappie...the rest were right at the 10" limit...most of what I've caught in Douglas have been on the small size...the females were slam full of eggs...as the cat said when it caught it's tail in the lawnmower: "It won't be long now!".... :D