Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Ed

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Ed

Under user options there are a couple of fields for notification of PMs. E-mail and a pop up. Are they suppose to work so us elderly gentlemen will know when we have a PM? BTW, the speed of the site is great now.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had time to try them, are you saying that they sdo not seem to work Bill?

I've been absolutely swamped with the problems the server upgrade caused me, I'm still trying to catch up on things like T-Shirt shipments. So sorry for being so curt.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Its no big deal. Maybe they don't work when you send youself a PM. I've just gotten use to watching the top of the screen for them.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bill:

I was using windows98 without any popup blockers and the PM's in here worked great. I switched operating system to Windows XP with popup blockers and my PM's didn't work like they did in the past. Do you use XP or a popup blocking program on your computer? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Its no big deal. Maybe they don't work when you send youself a PM. I've just gotten use to watching the top of the screen for them.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Hey Bill:

I was using windows98 without any popup blockers and the PM's in here worked great. I switched operating system to Windows XP with popup blockers and my PM's didn't work like they did in the past. Do you use XP or a popup blocking program on your computer? Just curious.
    I'm using XP but no pop up blocker.Thats curious because I have another proplem since I started using this new puter. For work I connect to an AT&T VPN circuit. When I do I don't see everything I'm suppose to. Using a dial up connection it works fine. Also if I use my laptop with Win2K, it works fine. Cpmpany's computer gurus can't figure it out either. Weird!! Out of curosity, what version of XP are you using?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have xp and but dont know about the pm as i havent had any sent top me that i know . got a new dell and took the old one to the office and cant git it to work on dialup . i have dsl at home and i git a free dialup at office . a frind of mine works with the telephone co said the modem in the computer wasent working . he is going to install another one he has at home in a old computer . when he hooks a new one for some one the will give him the old one . his wife said her living room is full of old computers ..

doing a great job Ed. you will git it all streightened out soon . i did have a probablem gitting into chat . the onley place was at the page of the states at bottom left conor . this was the onley place that will let me in . am sure it will git going right soon as it takes time .

keep the good work up Ed
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default latest xp service pack....

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I'm using XP but no pop up blocker.Thats curious because I have another proplem since I started using this new puter. For work I connect to an AT&T VPN circuit. When I do I don't see everything I'm suppose to. Using a dial up connection it works fine. Also if I use my laptop with Win2K, it works fine. Cpmpany's computer gurus can't figure it out either. Weird!! Out of curosity, what version of XP are you using?
    If you have the latest XP service pack, it automatically installs a pop up blocker on your internet explorer. You can adjust it to allow pop ups from crappie.com in the user options on your version of internet explorer.

Post Thanks / Like

My version of Windows XP came with the Service Pack 2 already included. So I have to watch out for those pop up blockers. Sometimes they block stuff I wanat to see and I don't know that it was blocked. Sometimes the popup blocker makes a noise when it blocks something.

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    If you have the latest XP service pack, it automatically installs a pop up blocker on your internet explorer. You can adjust it to allow pop ups from crappie.com in the user options on your version of internet explorer.
    Regards,

Moose1am