Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatboy and I REALLY GOT'EM - Arkansas Style

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fatboy and I REALLY GOT'EM - Arkansas Style

FB is seriously thinking about converting to green carp fishing. Gents, please help me rehabilitate this man. lol.

(p.s. - I am now connecting remotely using a cell phone so please understand if I'm not able to check replies too often -- been at the lake now for 2 weeks -- what a life!)
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 04-04-2005 at 08:56 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey....thats not funny....I could get a filet off that. I'm very handy with an electric filet knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Rest of the Story

For the rest of the story check out pics on www.familyfishingtrips.com/Photos2005.htm
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok you got me there .... what the heck is a Blacknose Crappie ?
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Hey Duck ..........

THIS is a "Blacknose Crappie" -- (it's a Black Crappie with a genetic marker trait that produces the "magic marker" effect - kinda like a "racing stripe" ... catch one and you'll know why Mother Nature gave them that racing stripe ... :D )

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry about the quality of the picture - but, that little guy just wouldn't stay still :D (I think he thought he could still get away ...LOL!!)

And as a "side note" to everyone ... that's a Oldham's Surelock Weedless jighead / BPS Sparkle Squirt tube (Electric Blue/Chartreuse) stuck in the roof of that Crappie's mouth --- right where I "normally" stick 'em, when casting a tube jig !!! ........................... cp

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Fatboy ...

that's really a 2lb Smallmouth you got there ... isn't it ? It just looks small up next to you :D No ... wait a minute - you're holding it out from your body to make it look bigger ... what is that, one of those monster Arkansas Rosy Reds ?? :p ................cp

Post Thanks / Like

Yea The Racing Stripe Is Definately There For A Reason!!i"ve Got A Live 2 1/2 Lb Out Back In My Minnow Drum. Hope The Taxidermist Comes Soon-hes Eatin All My Minnows!!we Catch Quite A Few Here-they Sure Are Agressive!!!good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yea that's it. Fatboy stands 12ft tall and weights 600 lbs. That is a 4lb small mouth bass. Sure glad that Big J has a good sense of humor..

Looks like they had a lot of fun. Must be nice to travel around the country and fish with all those pro crappie fishermen. First he goes to Cane Poles house and has the fish come to CP dock and then he goes to Ark and slays them southern fish too. Looks like someone has a lot of fish to clean and eat. Somehow I don't think that will be much of a problem for you guys!

I finally got my boat welded shut. But the damn welder dropped hot aluminum on my new BPS plastic Walk Plank that I installed on my trailer the day before he welded the front end of my boat. He didn't put anything down to protect the plank. Oh well there are some other welders around here that can weld my trailer tongue and fix it. This guy has called me twice after I had an appointment to have him work on my boat last Saturday after 9am. I called him at 9:30 AM last Saturday and no one answered the phone. But I got a call back after 4 pm that day saying that he would be back home after 4:30pm. Well that was too late as I had other things to do that Saturdaya and didn't get the message on my answering machine until late Saturday night. I called him back and still no answer. Then Monday I get another call from him on my answering machine asking me to call him back. Well things have changed since Saturday morning and I just went out an bought a new lawn mower so the welding on my trailer will have to wait for a while. I bought a 5 deg Gearwrench box end wrench that I can use to tighten the 9/16" nuts that are inside my trailer's tongue. Box angle iron that is 3" square. There are two short bolts that are used to mount the trailer coupler to the tongue of my triailer. They drilled the holes close to the end of the metal and that hole has ripped out and broken at the very end of the trailer. So the bolts won't stay in place unless they are tightened up very tight. This new ratched type box end wrench really worked great. I can turn a bolt inside the end of the box angle iron with just a 5 deg turn of the wrench. I never could get a regular box end or open end wrench in there as well and therefore those nuts never were tightened down good. My saftey chain is attached to the trailer with these bolts also so it's very important that they have integrety and are a solid attachment. I am going to find another welder closer to where I live and let them weld the trailer tongue back together. As eventually those bolts will rip out of the trailer tongue. I have another longer bolt that holds the coupler on to the trailer tongue. So the coupler will not come off. I could just see me going up a hill and the boat and boat trailer falling off and rolling down the hill and off the road or worse yet hitting another car or even someone's house. Don't need that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    that's really a 2lb Smallmouth you got there ... isn't it ? It just looks small up next to you :D No ... wait a minute - you're holding it out from your body to make it look bigger ... what is that, one of those monster Arkansas Rosy Reds ?? :p ................cp
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Good fishing in lots of areas
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This was the first time I have actually fished with Darryl as a guide. I have met him before and talked to him before, but never fished with him. He has really done his homework and is very knowlegeable about what the fish are doing, where they are and how to catch them. He said about two or three years ago, he knew very little about crappie fishing. Well, I highly recommend him to anyone out there who is looking to catch some big crappie and lots of quality fish. I spent four days with him at the camping site. We fished together two of them and he fished with me and Jerry. One hell of a guy. Had a ball and will be going back again. I highly encourage anyone to give Darryl a try as a guide. Thanks again Darryl for the great time. FATBOY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast