Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Crappiepappy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Crappiepappy

What option do you use to make the picture by your name come up on post. I know that the picture probaly has to be 100PixBy100pix. Just wondering where you went to enter the image address. Appreciate any info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    What option do you use to make the picture by your name come up on post. I know that the picture probaly has to be 100PixBy100pix. Just wondering where you went to enter the image address. Appreciate any info

Hello tube.....cp must be out of pocket for a while, but if you look above your post, you will see a black bar with "User cp" on the left end. Ckick there and you will see "edit avatar" and when you select it you will see what you need to post your avatar. If I'm not mistaken, you will also see the pixel size that you cannot exceed.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about this too. I tried the "edit avatar" option, but it won't let me do anything. The "Do Not Use an Avatar" option is selected and it won't let me change it. Any ideas?
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

whiplash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker
    I was wondering about this too. I tried the "edit avatar" option, but it won't let me do anything. The "Do Not Use an Avatar" option is selected and it won't let me change it. Any ideas?
    me too

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mrs. Crappie Stalker & Whiplash

There is a member on the LA board that has the same problem. My advise would be to contact Ed at [email protected] and see what he can do to change it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to go to edit profile picture and upload the pic there then maybe go to the thing ed did. I have not done it but just had a look and looks right.

The link he said has no address option so you must have to upload it somewhere else I think. Someone try the "edit profile picture" link in the cp section and let us know.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey guys and gals ......

Tube4slabs ....... I went into "user cp" - then clicked on "edit avatar" - then clicked the "use custom avatar" circle (which removes the "do not use avatar" choice) - then clicked on "browse" button (next to the "upload" blank) ...... that automatically brings up my computer's "my documents" window, which is where I have my pics stored. I click on the pic I want, and the file name of that pic comes up in the "file name" blank ... then I click on the "down" button at the end of that blank (the upsidedown black triangle) and choose "pictures gif jpg" - then click the "open" button ... that brings the picture file into the "upload an avatar from your computer" blank - then I click "save changes" and a picture appears in the top left corner of the Edit Avatar box (right under the words - Your Current Avatar) ......... then all my posts start showing up with the pic as an Avatar.

But - NOTE - I joined "Photobucket" and scanned and downloaded my pics on there ... previous attempts at getting them to post, as a Avatar or Profile Picture, failed --- too big (too many pixels)....so I downloaded a freeware program called Easy Thumbnails. I used it to downsize my pic to the 80x80 pixel size of the avatar requirements. It did a pretty good job - I don't think the quality of the picture is hurt any, by the size reduction. Here's the picture in "normal" size .........[IMG][/IMG]
    My pictures on Photobucket's site, are all "normal size" .... those same pics were put into my "My Documents" folder, on my computer - so now I have them in two places. The Easy Thumbnail program was used to make the pics in my "documents" folder - all thumbnail size!! So now, if I want to post a thumbnail pic or change my Avatar ... I go to "My Documents" .... and if I want to post a full (normal) sized pic, I can open Photobucket and post them from there (using the "postcard" icon just above the text window area - that I'm typing in now).

Is that confusing enough for ya'll ?? :D ... Seriously though - I just fumbled thru it, until I got it to work. I think I told you everything I did to get an Avatar picture ....... try it and see, and if you still have trouble - let us know ... surely someone else can guide you thru the process better than I can ....LOL!! .......luck2ya ............cp

Post Thanks / Like

I think that most of us do not have the "Edit Avatar" function available. Looking at the ones that have them and the ones that don't, I think it may have something to do with your number of post. When you reach a certain # maybe you get to have an avatar. Crappiepappy and Labill both have a higher # of post than those of us that cannot load an avatar.
    I don't really know if this is correct because I am nearly computer illiterate, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Nope-i Just Tried It,it Wouldnt Do Anything When I Pushed The Edit Button.maybe Ez1 Is Right? Good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I agree too, must be # of post or something. When I click on the button it wont disappear either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast