Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any reports for Woods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any reports for Woods?

Been checking the boards pretty regular and I don't see much mention of Woods.If anybody's been catchin any there I'd love to hear about it.I'm thinking the upper end should be pretty good right now,I just haven't had the time to go down there this year.
    HOLD HIM HOOK!

Bowtie65 Guest

I was out on the water Friday evening and Sat. afternoon. Pretty slow both times. Did get stopped by the game warden. Always a wonderful experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Default gw

yeah.,franklin county sucks.,there
    good about that down there

Post Thanks / Like

Limited out on Woods Reservoir today. There is a game warden there that is nicknamed BONES for obvious reasons. Any time I go there and he sees me coming in, he always checks my catch and size. He knows that all I fish for is crappie and he does a creel survey on the crappie. I don't mind being checked. But the water police on Tims Ford Lake are different. They have a little bit of an attitude. Got stopped on the water three times last year and wanted to see throw pillow, registration and to open my cooler. Don't know what the cooler deal is, unless they are looking for beer. Hmmm, glad they didn't check my front livewell aka beer cooler. LOL.

Bowtie65 Guest

They checked us pretty throughly on Sat. We had one crappie that was suspect and they let us prove to it them that is was legal on our homemade wooden ruler. They were also very picky about us having beer in the cooler. Both of us had 4 beers in about 3 hours. They made us take off our glasses to look at our eyes and even gave a sobriety test to my partner. I thought it was hilarious that it took the game warden 3 times to do the test properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out this past Sunday (4/10/05) and caught around 25 keepers. Mainly on red/chartreuse & red/white jigs. They were hittin minnows as well. 25 keepers in about an 8 hour period, so we're not slammin em yet like last year. About 70% of the catch last year was under the 10" mark, so it oughta be real good this year. Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished woods yesterday. Caught 14 keepers. Through back another 20. Real tough fishing though. Lots of boats. I caught most of mine on a white maribou hair jig. They ate real good tonite, so full Im sick. Moon looks better for fishing later this week. chub

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Woods Today. Magic depth is get this, 13.5 feet over brushpiles right off the main channel to the left going up river from Morris Ferry. Tightlining minnows and tandem jigs 18 inches apart. Chartreuse body with red heads.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing Woods Resevior. Thanks for the info. Fatboy. I have been catching most my fish lately off Grassbeds in shallow with white maribou hair jigs tipped with a minnow. I have been catching lots of males that are pretty dark. I have not tried deeper water yet. Thats probably where the 2 pounders are. LOL. Lately I have caught a good number of undersized fish 8 - 10 inches along with some nice 10 -13inchers. Chub

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, caught a ton of really black males. Didn't have any two pounders. Most just average size fish. Saw temps from 67 to 72 degrees. Word is of today that Normandy is still hot. I think that is because it is a much deeper lake than Woods. Oh well, guess I will be at Watts Bar this Thursday until Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast