Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Broken Rod Tip -- Good BPS Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broken Rod Tip -- Good BPS Results

We are quick to post the bad side of customer service so I thought I should give some equal time to some good customer service. I have several 10' and 12' BPS Uncle Bucks collapsible crappie rods. Have had a couple of them for years, never had a problem. Slow trolling last week with 4 12's out front. Something, probably a hybrid, hit one, and XX!X the top section broke. Went to BPS yesterday, showed it to customer service, told him I was fishing, in fact had a fish on, and that it should not have broken. He agreed, and even without a receipt just told me to go back and get another one to bring to service counter. Whole deal took about 5 minutes -- you can't beat that kind of service. I had already decided that I wanted to try the Ugly Stiks, or Cabella's Whippin Stiks and just ebay all my BPS stuff, but now guess it's me and Uncle Buck again. I don't know who makes them but while they are probably not as sensitive as some of the others, the 12's are only $18 bucks and work fine for my trolling. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

BPS is awesome, got one within a 30 minute drive from the house now.

Post Thanks / Like

I just broke a tip on a BPS wally warshall universal, only last 2"-3", Snapped while spider rigging as well, does anyone know if I can return it to the online store if I bought it from my local BPS, I really dont want to drive an hour and a half to return a rod unless I have too. Has anyone heard of replacement tips for them yet?

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to call the local store you bought it from and tell them about it. If its less than 1 year old they should replace it. What they will do is send you a call tag so that you can ship it to them, then they'll send you another. Oh yeah all BPS rods have a code on the label that tells the action and length. In that code there will be a number 02,03,04 or 05, this is the year of the rod. So they will know if its been more than a year. But they will replace back to a 2003 rod. Least this is what my girlfriend that works at BPS customer service tells me.

Also use the "I had the biggest fish of my life on" story. The people in customer service like this, as that is what everyone that breaks a rod says. My girlfriend knows that most rods get broken by a cooler of beer sliding around in the back of a truck or when you get hung-up, so she gets a good laugh every time someone tells the "big fish" line.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

: ) funny, thanks for the help. THe rod is under a month old and after it broke in one place it broke again an inch closer to the tip while I was removing the orange duct tape I used on the tips so I think it was a defective rod. My other wally marshall rods are doing ok they are mighty lites 11' or 12'. I guess I'll give them a call in a bit. Thanks for the help and you can tell your girlfriend I will say it was a 1/4 pound blue gil : ) Then they will have to believe it. Infact It broke when I attached the hook to a guide while moving from place to place something I do all the time with no problems since I don;t stretch it very tight at all just tight enough to stop them getting loose and digging into the boat carpet or worse.