Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: muddy water

Post Thanks / Like

Default muddy water

With all this rain the water is all muddy now. Doesn't this hurt our fishing? I talked to some guys pulling out of Poiners landing and said the fishing was bad. I am not much of a live bait type more with jigs. And can somebody tell me how to put on a minnow anyway. Have not had good luck the way I do it.

Thanks dave
    aka weasel
    dave
    in currituck

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe 50
    With all this rain the water is all muddy now. Doesn't this hurt our fishing? I talked to some guys pulling out of Poiners landing and said the fishing was bad. I am not much of a live bait type more with jigs. And can somebody tell me how to put on a minnow anyway. Have not had good luck the way I do it.

Thanks dave
    aka weasel
    Tahoe, yea you are right about all this rain and muddy water. I guess I'll stay home tomorrow and continue to get ready for the carpet people Tuesday. Using minnows can be done a couple of ways depending on how you are fishing. If you are anchored or fishing brush tops I like to hook them just in front of their tail so they can move around. If you are getting bites but not hooking them, try hooking them thru the eyes. When trolling which I mostly do, I hook them thru the mouth from the bottom up. My wife showed me an article a long time ago that said doing it that way they will live longer. It seems to work. Right now they should be in pre-spawn areas. Hope you tear them a new one!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I took a guy to Indiantown this past winter and he insisted on hooking the minnows up through the bottom and out the top of the head.
    I knew it would kill the minnow but didn't expect it to make the minnow spin like crazy. What a mess. Anyway, he's a slow learner and spent a lot of time trying to un-twist his lines.
    I always hook mine like Bill, through both lips, from the bottom up.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

I put mine through the bottom lip then through the nostril. They get off in heavy cover sometimes, but when they stay on they live a long....long time.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ditto...

..hook thru bottom lip and out 1 nostril...works good..
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with ReelFun and Karl and like ReelFun say's they come off sometimes especially the larger ones where the nostril is larger than the hook barb on my #2 hook.