Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Drop Shot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drop Shot

Anyone using the drop shot and if so how do you rig and fish it?

Post Thanks / Like

May not be what everyone calls drop shoting but I use one of those crappie rigs you can get at Wally World or any bait store. Put a weight on the bottom. You can use the included hooks if you are using minnows or rig the wires up with your favorite jig.
    Works well for fishing deep.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Well scrap that is drop shotting. The principle of drop shotting is the let the bait get down to the bottom fast and then fall the last few feet weightless as the bottom weight is resting on the lake bottom and all the weight is off the bait at that time. The bait can then slowly fall to the bottom. You can then

lift the bait back up a foot or so and let it slowly fall back down to the bottom again.

Or you can just rest the bait near the bottom and keep the line between your bait and the pole tight so that you can feel any bite faster. A tight line transmit's vibrations much better than a limp line. Remeber the old two tin can's, buttons and string telephone device that you played with as a kid? That didn't work at all unless you stretched the string out tight between the two tin cans. Then it worked great. Get some slack in the line and the telephone went dead.

Tight lines everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by scrap
    May not be what everyone calls drop shoting but I use one of those crappie rigs you can get at Wally World or any bait store. Put a weight on the bottom. You can use the included hooks if you are using minnows or rig the wires up with your favorite jig.
    Works well for fishing deep.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

moose, now only a few of us can remember the can's and buttom toy's. You are telling me you are as old as I and as wellI wannt use the word (p__r).
    dj