Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just got home from KY Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got home from KY Lake

WOW - What crazy weather this week at Big Sandy.

Severe Thunder Storms and High Winds last weekend = lots of relaxing in the cabin without power.

Once on the water fished hard in alot of different areas

Monday - Still windy went to Cypress bay to stay out of the wind. Caught a few small fish nothing to brag about. :o

Tuesday - Wind layed down a little fished Big Sandy @ the power lines, the ledges out from Mansards, in Swamp Creek and all around the Island. Not much luck.

Wednesday - Strong South wind tried West Sandy @ the Pump House and up and down the creek. No lucky. Did I mention the wind. :rolleyes:

Thursday - BEAUTIFUL DAY little to no wind 76 degrees = Crappies. Went back to Big Sandy @ the power lines, the ledges out from Mansards, in Swamp Creek and all around the Island.

They still have not moved in. Catching fish in 16' - 20'. Water Temp still around 57 - 59 degrees.

Rain and cool weather predicted for 2 days, so we decided to pack up and head for home. My luck is usually should have been here yesterday - but I think this time it is should be there in 2 weeks.

Couple of pictures from the trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scrap, I was rootin for you this week. Wish the weather was better for you. We fished Big Sandy last Good Friday, ended up with 17 hard earned keepers. Goin out again Sunday, tomorrow's wind 15-20 mph. Whether you're tearing em up or not, nothing beats being on the water!
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

SCRAP, SORRY YOU DIDNT HAVE A BETTER TRIP!LOL-LAST YEAR THIS TIME WE WERE TEARIN THEM UP IN SHALLOW WATER!THE WEATHER HASNT BEEN RIGHT FOR IT SO FAR,WE"VE GOT COLD HARD RAIN HERE ON THE HOLLOW NOW--POSSIBLE SNOW FLURRIES?? CAUGHT A FEW THIS WEEK IN THE BUSHES...THE REST ARE WAITIN ,I'd guess about the middle of the month! good fishin to ya!!!DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis, i'm coming down, from Pa., in 2 weeks. I figured with this late spring they would be moving in to the banks by then. From your post i beleive i may hit it just right. Gonna be up in the aurora area fishing both Ledbetter and Jonathon creek areas. I'll stop at Kenlake marina for breakfast or lunch a couple days. If you're in the area stop in and ask wheres Kenny? They know me in that area of the lake. Been going there 17 years. Anybody else gonna be down that way around that time is welcome to stop in too and we can compare notes. Smitty

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably the best decision you could have made, tp head home. I was at my hunting camp a little south of Camden, Tn and the wind was blowing 20+ all day. I had planned on hauling my boat and fishing a little while I was down there but changed my mind at the last minute yesterday. Didn't hear nor see no turkeys all day and I walked dang near every bit of our 860 acres. Packed my stuff at dark and now I'm sitting in my house. Thinking 'bout what I'll do tomorrow.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty-your Timing Should Be About Right! The Lakes Up An Muddy Now,looks Like The Mississippi River! As It Clears It Should Bring The Fish In!forecast Looks Pretty Good Too. Good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    Probably the best decision you could have made, tp head home. I was at my hunting camp a little south of Camden, Tn and the wind was blowing 20+ all day. I had planned on hauling my boat and fishing a little while I was down there but changed my mind at the last minute yesterday. Didn't hear nor see no turkeys all day and I walked dang near every bit of our 860 acres. Packed my stuff at dark and now I'm sitting in my house. Thinking 'bout what I'll do tomorrow.
    I was just having lunch 5 minutes ago when a big gobbler walked across the yard heading down into my woods. Last winter I fed about 8 birds thru the winter and expected them back this year, but they were no shows. We got plenty of turkeys and deer up here, sure would like to trade them for some good crappie waters!