Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Problems connecting

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Problems connecting

Was anyone having problems connecting to the site around 5pm EST or is it me?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

it's been up and down most of the day

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhodges
    it's been up and down most of the day
    Thanks, I was beginning to think I had problems.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the NIC card if going up and down on the backend data base. I'm here at home now, I repalced the hub, and if it fails again, I'll just move it off the backend network to the frontend and hopefully that'll be the permanant fix.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I have been trying to get in here all evening.. It's working again.. It's now 5:58PM here.. I had a post I wanted to make and was fooling around on other web sites waiting for crappie.com to come back up. It was only down for about an hour or so this evening. It was working this afternoon and last night.

I suspect that Ed is still tinkering around with some of the server settings etc.

Hope it stays up tonight and that all is working goood. But it's a complicated system. I am just glad that we have Ed in charge. He does a good job and it's never down too long.

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Was anyone having problems connecting to the site around 5pm EST or is it me?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ed is doing a good job, its good to know that there's someone who cares about the site as much as us taking care of things behind the scenes. Any other site I don't know when it will come back if ever but atleast if theres trouble here I know there's someone pulling out there hair getting it back in order.

If you ever need any ducttape for a quickfix let me know and I'll shoot some over to you : )