Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bear Creek Lake East Arkansas

Memphis, TN, but Hope To Get Out As Soon As Possible
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Bear Creek Lake East Arkansas

Anybody ever fish Bear Creek Lake in Arkansas? I hear it is a nice lake with some good fishing. I have some work in the area and I might make a family camping/fishing trip out of it. Can,t find allot of info on the lake. Are the facilities OK and how is the fishing? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish it often in the winter. I usually troll there. Campsites are clean,no electric or showers. You have picnic tables and a grill there. It is a nice lake to fish. Decent size bass there and crappie. Big fish are hard to find,but they are in there.I have caught 2 pound shell crackers there. The lake is approximately 750 acreas, probably averages about 15 feet deep. Where you launch your boat it is 30 feet deep. Water is clear most of the time but occasionally it gets pretty stained. Fish spawn deep there I think, I think 4 to 8 feet. At the first campsite off the point to your left,if your're looking at the launch, the water is 25 feet deep, but there is a sumerged island there and comes up to about 6 feet. It is about 40 yards off the point. You will see alot of trees in the water from the banks washing out and the water could possibly 15 to 20 feet deep there. There are some shallow banks ,also there is 20 feet of water just 10 feet off the bank. A hard lake to fish sometimes. There is just alot of structure.For crappie,I'd jig the trees down in the water and fish off the points. There are plenty of coves to get out of the wind, thats why I troll there you can get out of the wind. The lake is spring fed but there is an overflow.Also, you will see a sign that says "Storm Creek" and you can get to it by the gravel road that runs through the ridge, I hear it is a good striper fishing hole. If I remember correctly, it is in the Saint Francis National Forrest, there is a ranger station there before you get to Bear Creek. You might need to search that for more info. I'm pretty sure there are no bathhouses and no electric, i was there about a month ago and the campers were running their generators. There is a 10 HP motor limit.
    I think you would have a good time there regardless.

If you need to know anything else my cell phone number is 870-733-7933 My name is Rusty

Memphis, TN, but Hope To Get Out As Soon As Possible
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fishingbox! That was some great information. I drove out there on Saturday and I thought it was a pretty neat lake. You are right about the coves.There are allot of them. I did not see a bait shop around. Is there one close by?The lake seems real quiet and peaceful. I think it will be nice for a family trip.
    Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there is a bait shop in Marianna, if your coming down highway 79 South to Marianna,you will go under a trussel and it is up there on the right. It is called Three Rivers. If your coming down highway 1 from Forrest City, When you get into Marianna at the traffic light take a left on highway 79 then Three Rivers is on the left. Your welcome sir.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeview
    Thanks fishingbox! That was some great information. I drove out there on Saturday and I thought it was a pretty neat lake. You are right about the coves.There are allot of them. I did not see a bait shop around. Is there one close by?The lake seems real quiet and peaceful. I think it will be nice for a family trip.
    Thanks again!