Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed- How did they get my email?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ed- How did they get my email?

Ed- The last couple of days, I've had mail from unknown senders with the following in the subject line: "Links exchange with http://www.crappie.com"

I don't open mail from unknown senders, so I'm not worried about what's in them, but since I don't post my email address, how did they get it? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know. It could be an ISP catching your email address, but I really don't know. I get about a thousand spam emails a day, and I do receive the one titled like you mentioned, but I also don't open them. I don't use Outlook, which is prone to bugs, and I use a mail filter, MailWasher, which automatically deletes all spam and virus infected mail. On top of that I use Norton Anti-Virus for mail too. I can assure you I do not sell mail lists or send spam mail. That's a 100% guarantee. Now if someone is abusing my server without my knowledge, I don't know. I do know I install all the latest patches on my server to prevent that type of abuse. I've done the same on the new server I'm implementing, so hopefully we're all safe.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Ed, What server platform (ie Windows, Linux) and flavor do you run the board from?

I'm an IT Mgr with muti-platforms and will be glad to share my feble knowledge!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey crazed, check out www.edmoes.com to see what this guy is capable of, take care. That is eds site also.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ed you really are the man

www.edmoes.com Holy Chit Ed. If that does'nt raise some eyebrows. I don't know what will
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Just Don't Push The Red Button !!!!! Okay Ed ????
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have a guy like Ed in control of things. Hey Ed, please don't zap my puter, ok? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Reading Ed's profile is like reading the back of one of my 3" geekoid books I buy from Barnes & Noble! :D

Dang Ed with a rap sheet like that how do you find the time for this lil' ole crappie.com? Keep up the good work 'cuz I'd rather be fishing!!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL guys, just caught up with your posts. Yeah, you believe, with a resume like that, I get downsized, and end up selling cars for a living. Actually selling cars has been a lot of fun. I love meeting and dealing with people. I really do try to help them as opposed to scamming them into something wrong. I hate the "down time", waiting for customers, but when you have a customer, it fun and entertaining, showing them the BMW's. This one guy was driving an M3 with me in the car at 120mph! doh, I had to ask him to take it easy. Luckily there was no other traffic.

And about me having time for you guys, of course I do. I have two major web sites, well 2.5. Crappie.com, Bimmer.info and my slightly smaller Salmonoid.com site that got all the web stuff started for me. These web sites fulfill my two passions, fishing and cars. So there you go, you guys are an integral part of my life.

I'll be tripling the speed of the server tomorrow, wish me luck. It should go happen tomorrow some time, and at the latest, tomorrow night.

I run a Cobalt Raq4 server with a LINUX operating system. I am upgrading to a RAQ XTR. For those of you geeks that really want to know!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

LINUX! I knew I had a good vibe going aboout you! :D

May be because I'm an old Novell'er CNE but I just about hate all things Microsoft! What a Major piece of Sheet OS!

Ed I'm sure your stress levels are much lower selling cars! And with the commisions on those BM'ers your salary is most likely higher than in the IT world. Not only do we get downsized but we get told "Your reaching your salary cap"!

My credentials are nothing close to yours but I'm the IT guy for www.taylormathis.com and also am President of North Georgia Trout Online a Ga Non-Profit 501c3 www.ngto.org . We (NGTO) just upgraded to the latest vBulliten a few months back and and we are loving it!

Good luck with your upgrade! And thanks for the site! It has been a major benefit to my sanity!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast