Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Very Little Traffic!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Little Traffic!

The boards are as slow as I have seen them. The "crappie.com" board is getting some attention, but I guess fishing is slow in most places. I've heard the crappie are moving to their summer patterns here in LA, but you couldn't prove it by me. Our lakes and rivers are almost down to pool levels, hopefully the weather will allow things to stabilize and we can "get on them" again. Good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Little Traffic

Hello Labill, Don't feel like the lone ranger, I think it's tough every where. I know it is in my area. It seems I can't buy a bite lately. Got to get better I hope. Will keep trying. Good luck & Good Fishing ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I'm still offshore working as I've been for the last two weeks. Will be going home tomorrow and will be fishing plenty for the next two weeks. Hopefully will have some good news for all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will give them a try Thursday

Labill,
    I will try my luck at fishing this Thursday night. If the crappie are not going to bite I might as well be comfortable.
    Have you ever fished for crappie with crank-baits? I read about this being done but have not tried it myself.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Labill,
    I will try my luck at fishing this Thursday night. If the crappie are not going to bite I might as well be comfortable.
    Have you ever fished for crappie with crank-baits? I read about this being done but have not tried it myself.

Deacon.......10-4 on the night fishing, it's much cooler if they're biteing or not. I've read about crappie and crankbaits, but like you, I haven't tried it yet. From what I've read, it's a summer and winter deep pattern, but I can see it working even when they are shallow....just use a small shallow running lure. I've even caught them on bass baits, small spinner baits and on a Pico Chugger. Good luck, and let us know how you fare on your trip.

Davy..........You must be on 2 out and 2 in. Seems like most of our S. La members are working offshore. I know it's hard work, I have worked the oilfields since the age of 16, from Lake Maracaibo, Venezuela to the States, untill the Saudies dropped the bottom out of oil prices.
    Hope you do well on your upcoming trip, keep us "posted".

Post Thanks / Like

All across the country, it's the same song. It's slow out here in the Great Pacific North West also...... Sooner or later it'll get better, and I'll be there when it does. "FISH ON DUDES"
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same song...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChris1
    All across the country, it's the same song. It's slow out here in the Great Pacific North West also...... Sooner or later it'll get better, and I'll be there when it does. "FISH ON DUDES"
    Chris1......I have no doubt that you will be there when it counts. I'm sure they will get back on their "normal" patterns soon, and when they do, I'll be stuck to 'em like a 6' starving leech!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun to Cajun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChris1
    CajunChris1,
    I would think by your handle that you are a transplanted cajun. I too am a cajun and have the name Chris. I am from the New Iberia area of Louisiana. Grew up fishing in the basin. Not only is it slow fishing down here right now but it is doggone hot too. The basin is falling about 1/10th of a foot a day. In a week or two things are going to get real interesting.
    Because of the heat I will try to make a fishing trip tomorrow night. Never did it before I hope things work out all right.
    What is it like fishing in your part of the woods? Clear lakes? Deep water? Heck, right now if you can see a foot down we call that clear water.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    CajunChris1,
    I would think by your handle that you are a transplanted cajun. I too am a cajun and have the name Chris. I am from the New Iberia area of Louisiana. Grew up fishing in the basin. Not only is it slow fishing down here right now but it is doggone hot too. The basin is falling about 1/10th of a foot a day. In a week or two things are going to get real interesting.
    Because of the heat I will try to make a fishing trip tomorrow night. Never did it before I hope things work out all right.
    What is it like fishing in your part of the woods? Clear lakes? Deep water? Heck, right now if you can see a foot down we call that clear water.
    The best White Perch fishing up here is across the mountains in Eastern Washington or Eastern Oregon. However, we do have some nice lakes and rivers on this side that produce perch on and off. Usually the water is clear because it comes from the snow melt in the mountains. Most people here fish for trout, salmon and bass. We've had quite a heat wave here for about a month and a half (80 degrees). For Seattle 80 is like 110 in Louisiana.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Our area lakes have seen so much rain and changing water levels, that catching has been extremely slow. Levels are starting to get right and hopefully things will pick up. I too have been offshore a lot and catching up on safety schools on my days off. I haven't been able to go as much as I would like and am looking forward to the fall, when things slow down and it's not as hot. I am also out of filets and the catfish I've pulled from my traps, just don't compare. Luck---Pooch