Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Number of replies shown not correct (nt)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Number of replies shown not correct (nt)

The number of replies shown on the threads is not correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    The number of replies shown on the threads is not correct.
    You're right, hopefully it won't cause someone to miss a reply to their thread.
    Last edited by lmc; 03-28-2005 at 08:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, my edits don't work and the number of posts doesn't increase.

I'm sure the admins know about these errors. My experience at other boards is that they happen rather frequently.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Server update?

Ed is probably in the process of replacing the server as he indicated some time ago.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Server may be installed on Wed. Ed is making preparations for this move

The old server is wacked out somewhat. I too have noticed that the number of replys on the header don't match the number of replys in a thread once you open the thread. I thought it was just my computer as I run ZAP and am constantly cleaning out my temp files and cache files and I thought that was the reason my computer and crappie.com were not in sync.

Ed told me today that he is planning on installing the new faster server this coming wed. I am hoping that he has a few minute to put a stick on the forums to warn everyone was his plans are. He got a new job and does not have as much free time as he once had. So lets hope that he can get this job done on Wed without any problems.

He has been very good at fixing problems on this board and I am very thankful that he has always been here for us. Ed is one of the greatest guys you could ever meet.

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Ed is probably in the process of replacing the server as he indicated some time ago.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Moose, I'm blushing. Yep, its really all you Crappie Guys, that are the cool people. Havn't met a bad one! Don't expect I will!

So, my $2000 investment in you guys will certainly be worth every cent, as you all need a good cyber home to communicate through. NOW JUST BUY some T-SHIRTS! Thats my only product! Just kidding, everyone has to have some help. Hey, there's been good magazine sales through my link on top, so that's cool. Thanks guys. And our sponsors, actually thank them for the new server, at the very top of the board. They are REALLY the ones paying for the whole server. So please, we've only chosen the best sponsors for Crappie.com, and you can thank Bruce for that. Our Crappie.com Tournament Angler.
    http://www.crappie.com/spangler/team_crappie.htm

Crappie Anglers Rule

tomorrow new server, kewl

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    The old server is wacked out somewhat. I too have noticed that the number of replys on the header don't match the number of replys in a thread once you open the thread. I thought it was just my computer as I run ZAP and am constantly cleaning out my temp files and cache files and I thought that was the reason my computer and crappie.com were not in sync.

Ed told me today that he is planning on installing the new faster server this coming wed. I am hoping that he has a few minute to put a stick on the forums to warn everyone was his plans are. He got a new job and does not have as much free time as he once had. So lets hope that he can get this job done on Wed without any problems.

He has been very good at fixing problems on this board and I am very thankful that he has always been here for us. Ed is one of the greatest guys you could ever meet.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, about the statistics that were incorrect. They're working now. There was a corrupt table I had to repair. All is good now. It became corrupt when the file system filled up and caused Sundays outage. And that happened because I was making a backup copy of the server and ran out of disk space! DOH! All in preparation for the new server. Should be all finished by end of day tomorrow.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Good news

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    Oh, about the statistics that were incorrect. They're working now. There was a corrupt table I had to repair. All is good now. It became corrupt when the file system filled up and caused Sundays outage. And that happened because I was making a backup copy of the server and ran out of disk space! DOH! All in preparation for the new server. Should be all finished by end of day tomorrow.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

MOOOOSE! good to hear you dude
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

hah I got one of the Stop Bitchin shirts. That's just awesome. Good luck on the transfer tonight.